David Lofton.....

I liked what I saw against Montreal. I think he's a keeper...

I agree! Plus he is the son of NFL great James Lofton.

Lofton did get burned for a TD against Montreal, but he also made some nice plays on balls in coverage throughout the game, too.

I'd actually like to see him moved to HB with Glasper next year, and another LB (maybe Harden, but probably a new guy) play alongside Armour and Moreno.

Lofton did get burned for a TD against Montreal, but he also made some nice plays on balls in coverage throughout the game, too.
I remember watching the first game of the year and Moreno looked so out of place....he changed that in a hurry.

And to think someone who could very well win rookie of the year and defensive player of the year could look out of place to start with. That why I stress that we have a good young team it just takes time for them to learn the game....some longer than others.

I liked Daves play he was in on a lot of plays, most good better than some who didnt seem to show up. I also liked his coverage on the Big Cahooner.

I remember that. He did look a little lost at first, but boy has he made up for that. If he doesn't at least get D player of the year the awards are a complete joke.

There were a number of positives that came out of the game, but I must agree that Lofton looked great. He seemed to be everywhere and was in on several tackles.

When I read they had signed him, I was hoping he would be a gamer. He certainly looks like another good addition.

On the touchdown play, he had good coverage, and just missed knocking the ball away. If the pass was not perfect there would not have been a catch. I don't think he got burnt too bad. It certainly wasn't like the 70 yard catch and run to Watkins.

PJ

Plus, Im sure it was pretty new for him to play linebacker and have to cover a receiver deep in the corner of an endzone. He sure is big a quick enough so I think he’ll get use to it.