david Braley name to Committee

OMG

WHY????????????????????????

The man has a very bad track record. Bailed on the Ticats. In charge of the failed World Cycling Championships. Yea he has a high profile like Ron Foxcroft not one I want to speak for me. For better or worse we needed to have someone involved in the entertainment business there who has a clue about the longterm viability of the facilities after the games are over.There are HECFI committee members past and present that should be there in his place

Sorry here's a link

http://thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/696663

Why are you holding back commenting about the other committee members?

Come on AKT, you’re a little shy and self-restrained but I know you can do it,

You must have something to say about most of them to get off your chest.

Give your feelings wings, release them and let them fly. You will feel better for it.

Former hotel executive to chair Pan Games board

Board members include Olympian Sylvie Bernier, businesswoman Martha Billes

THE CANADIAN PRESS Published On Mon Dec 28 2009

click here

Former hotel executive Roger Garland will be heading up the 12-member board that's tasked with organizing the 2015 Pan Am Games to Toronto.

Garland, who spent 25 years

as an officer and director of the Four Seasons luxury hotel chain,

will serve as chairman of the board.

I will give you a little help.

He ran an International luxury Hotel Chain? Big deal!

Those credentials don’t compare to running HECFI.

LOL

You do kn ow the Spec link I provided was more detailed

Sorry we need a local voice that has a clue. I don't give a rats behind who is promoting Toronto's interest although I do find it more than curious Aubut was chosen . That smacks of something to do with a second NHL franchise.

Braley got the velodrome back in. Nuff said. He's out to lunch and doesn't care about future expenses to Hamilton

You sound like mikey, AKT.

Who's Mikey and why do you stalk him? I never should have peaked to remember if I should unblock you. Don't bother replying I won't make that mistake again

LOL

AKT a host or just makes posts on everything and anything ?

No life nothing to do and thinks his education is top of his game when really leading people to a seat would better describe this Know it all attitude with no facts . :wink: and your talking about Zontar !
Maybe you should go sit down with Ticat brass and maybe they can bounce you from Usher position to Web site Master.
Most your comments are your personal feelings with no thought of Hamilton's future or what the purpose of growth is .
So now i put my 2 cents in for a change reading this lame jibber with no Merritt or facts to back your so called calling out of David Braley and other ideas of Hamilton Planning and Committees of sort . Seems maybe you should make the attempt to have your silly lame sit at home ideas that you gather from the net and go sit and really listen to what our city and committee's are trying to bring forth to our great city At city Hall . The key word is trying ( run for office maybe you can do better ) cause thats the only shot you got besides the posting on this website in regards to Hamilton choices and the political aspect of pro sport's and city planning in general .
Please in the future for all of our sakes make your arguments contain some sort of fact or Merritt or show some sort of source of reasoning ! Every thing you type is your way it should be and your contents are weak in conversations about such a Strong City background Of HAMILTON .

After reading the Spec. I’d say it’s a pretty well rounded team that has been formed. :thup:

I hope they do a good job. I’m sure that David Braley will represent Hamilton’s interest well.

Well said Woody. :thup:

Welcome aboard, David Braley!!

Welcome aboard, David Braley!!

The Ontario Cycling Association Dec 29 2009

[url=http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pages/news2/newslisting.php?id=150]http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pages ... php?id=150[/url]
...recently the OCA board and staff met in London for their annual meeting and this offered some of us a chance to visit The Forest City Velodrome

one of the hottest cycling facilities in Canada.

…the Forest City Velodrome has been running for over three years

and in that time the success of the facility has been seen

not only with the development of cyclists but also

the performances on the National and International stage.

This includes a record 89 top 10 finishes at this years
National Track Championships in Burnaby, BC.

[i]It is quicker and easier to develop medal performances
from athletes in less glamorous sports like cycling.

It is one of only three velodromes in North America
sanctioned for national and international cycling events.[/i]

England previously had few cycling accomplishments but
after The Manchester Velodrome was built in 1993

Britain quickly improved. They won 9 gold medals
at last year’s world cycling championships

and they won eight cycling golds at the Beijing Olympics,

Chris Hoy winning three gold medals and became
the Olympics’ most successful male cyclist.

P.S.

You may care two hoots about it but grade schoolers
have been introduced to indoor cycling for year now

on school outings to London Ontario`s velodrome.

Many have taken to it and became recreational members
and many others train hard regularly and compete in races

Competitive cycling is an especially great way
for youth to become really fit and healthy.

No personal attacks are permitted. If you want to discuss a subject, fine, if you want to slag someone go away

None of this makes it a financially viable facility. If cycling Canada is paying the $5M city funds portion and taking full ownership I’m OK with that. If they don’t want to do it then the complex is obviously not going to make money in their eyes

Zontar:

Give this Mikey nonsense a rest! Take this petty, childish and nasty spat you created and take it off-line.  <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->

Braley got the velodrome back in. Nuff said. He’s out to lunch and doesn’t care about future expenses to Hamilton
wheres the facts ? Without those facts your just as guilty of a personal attack!
No personal attacks are permitted. If you want to discuss a subject, fine, if you want to slag someone go away ( you were throwing slag yourself MR AKT with no facts …show us some numbers go do your cut and paste work and find some true hard facts and numbers that MR Braley is such a bad choice for a committee this is not a one man show he will be a team member with many other colorful members …So Take your slag and turn it into something worth reading .Instead of putting your personal feelings into the ticats.ca website when it should be in your journal . Show us some facts is all ! Seems you have something to say about anything and everything ! Facts Slag thrower :wink:

Amen to that !!

[quote="RYCK"]Imagine if people had the same crappy look towards football as you have to everything else.. OH BIG WHOOOOPPPP your an usher and you have bulldog season tickets <--that make you a star because you keep mentioning it
It doesnt make you a sports finantialist it doesnt make you a city planner it doesnt make you on top of the ball and in the know on all things and your word is gold...

I DO NOT SEE YOU ON ANY COMMITEE WITH ANY SAY AT ALL MR. HOTSHOT

yes its fine to have an opinion BUT your high and mighty attitude that your better than anything MR. AKT is sickening you think your opinion is the be all and end all .. goto city hall become a councellor ..then go get on the PanAm games board and you tell all those people they are stupid and their ideas are dumb and they should forfeit all things PANAM and should only play Ti-Cats Football in the city and all amatuer sport should GET LOST

stop being a bummer on things there are more people out there that are enjoying this than are having a bad negative attitude like you..... YOU UNDERSTAND NOTHING

But yelling out "GET YOUR COKE HERE , COCA COLA HERE" makes you such a pro on all sports bussiness
Your a joke[/quote

Guess im not the only one that has this feeling !

mr62cats said

None of this makes it a financially viable facility.

If cycling Canada is paying the $5M city funds portion
and taking full ownership I’m OK with that.

If they don’t want to do it then the complex is
obviously not going to make money in their eyes

Where did you get the idea, mr62cats, that Amateur Sports organisations
would consider buying the athletic facility where they train or compete???