Dave Dickinson - Head coach for WPG next season?

Winnipeg should pay him what ever he wants to be their New Head Coach! According to the Newspaper today it is going to be a good draft year which Winnipeg has first pick locked up. Two dominating defensive tackles mentioned that Bison coach believes will step into the CFL and make an impact. They should look at trading some of their star defensive backs for additional first or second round picks and free up some money for next year and then go after some Free agent quarterbacks and olineman. They have some good young talent but they need a starting Quarterback and more Canadian depth especially on the oline.

Before they worry about a new HC, Winnipeg better dump the two deadbeats they have at OC and DC.

Three games with Gary Crowton "officially" running the offence:
142 passing yards per game
Zero TDs
9 points per game

Three games with Chip Garbage running the defence:
Allowing 37 points per game
Allowing 162 rushing yards per game

Would Dave take the job? :oops:

i hope not

Need to be talking about the GM position first. I don't see how Joe Mack survives this ongoing fiasco.

But How do you fire him when most of the candidates are currently making cup runs.I think we have to sail with what we have till the end of the season.

Agree with you 100%. If he is still the GM, it will not mater who the HC will be.

Dave would make an excellent HC.
The burning question is who the heck would be the GM?

Dickenson isn't going anywhere. His wife is near the top of Calgary Health Region and probably makes more than a head coach of this league would. He is being groomed to take over for Huff when he want's to settle down a bit and just be G.M.

Am a fan off DD for sure, probably a little over rated just because he actually was given a real chance in NFL, unlike other CFL greats that were actually better than DD by a mile, but never got the real chance that DD did when they went down.
JMHO

BTW am not impressed by NFL personally, I just think that possibly others are..I for one am NOT impressed by someones success in NFL...Tom Clements, Matt Dunigan etc are every bit as good or better than Joe Montana,Manning etc, just that they never got a chance down there

On HC, well he said he did not feel he was ready last go round. Is that a chance Bombers should take right now, I mean LaPolice was not ready, I would think a savvy veteran HC would be the way to go?

Honestly I think DD would probably make a great HC, but no guarantees, many great people/players have failed as HC...Dunigan comes to mind.

I honestly don't think he would take the job with things as they are...I would be shocked if he would even take an interview from Joe Mack. If he did he would need to insist on some pretty big authorities under his hat.

Correction on my part, reading couple different stories while watching Hamilton blow out Esks..

Was speaking of Jeff Garcia as being over rated, NOT DD~ While DD was in NFL with Chargers, he played well every chance he got, basically just in pre season, not sure he really ever played a NFL down in a reg season game, do not think so? DD said at the time, if he had known Flutie was going to sign with Chargers he never would have signed prior with Chargers.

Again, not impressed by NFL, really only followed Flutie fanatically, other than that, not at all.

Was referring to Garcia as being over rated, yes he made it in the NFL but was not even in the same category as Tom Clements, Dunigan etc.

And, by extension, it all won’t matter if they have no QB.

I have honestly never really heard Garcia ranted and raved about in the terms of the NFL…but, you can call him over rated all you want…Garcia is the single season passing yards leader for the 49ers and he did it with a crap team…it ain’t Montana, nor is it Young…who also played on sensational teams. 31TD, 10INT, 63.3compl%, 97.6QBR…those are prow bowl numbers my friend.

It’s one thing to babble on about how wonderful Mike Bishop is, but this comment is so badly misinformed it’s embarassing.

Jeff Garcia is over rated? Four time CFL All Star and four time NFL Pro Bowl QB. How many times did Tom Clements make the Pro Bowl? What about Matt Dunnigan, how many Pro Bowl appearances did he make?

Do yourself a favour and edit that post to delete everything you mentioned about Garcia.

Yup, not a snow balls chance he would even attend an interview. Besides, the Bombers are on the cheap now trying to figure out how they are going to come up with $4M in loan payments to the province, things are likely to get much much worse.

DD in the 'peg. Good one. :?

… so … what’s Bud Grant doing these days? He’s only … what? Maybe 85. Should be one more playoff run left in the old boy. Nobody’s been able to string together Grey Cups for the Bombers since he left town. :cowboy:

Alright, alright.I’m kidding. (I guess.)

It's one thing to babble on about how wonderful Mike Bishop is, but this comment is so badly misinformed it's embarassing.

Jeff Garcia is over rated? Four time CFL All Star and four time NFL Pro Bowl QB. How many times did Tom Clements make the Pro Bowl? What about Matt Dunnigan, how many Pro Bowl appearances did he make?

Do yourself a favour and edit that post to delete everything you mentioned about Garcia.
[/quote]

Maybe the NFL impresses you, but not I.

Jeff Garcia I said I liked, just that he is overrated . And no way is he even close to the stature of Tom Clements. A poll of true veteran CFLers, (not necessarily at this forum) would come out in favor of Clements

Here would be the question...who more impresses you, Tom Clements or Jeff Garcia, I could not see the results even being close, Clements by a mile...Probably not on this forum, I give you that. In fact probably many here would crap on Clements just to spite me.

Would not surprise me

And I forgot to add Flutie...I suppose you are going to also tell me that Garcia had a m,ore impressive career than Flutie...

I would personally put Clements and Flutie at same level, and would not argue with anybody that put Clements ahead of Flutie

Clements better than Garcia? Absolutely. Were I to be a GM and had available to me both Clements and Garcia at their prime, no question Clements is the one I’d want.

Clements 2, Garcia 1

there ya have it!