Daryl Stephenson

Cats signed him today apparently to back up Darcy Brown at FB.Hoping the Bomber faithful can fill me in on this one.

well, ill just say this.. I DONT KNOW.. because he was pretty much backup to jon osterhuis and andre sadeghian last season. was a healthy scratch most games and when he did get a chance... didnt do much.

hasnt done much his entire career.. who knows tho sometimes a change of scenery is all these guys need but... i wouldnt get too excited over this signing to be honest.

Guy put up huge CIS stats. He fits in with a few other players on the roster such as hargreaves who just haven’t been given a significant role in the offence or haven’t broken out as the case may be. He mopped up 2 games this year, mostly up the middle runs trying to run out the clock as I recall (wk1 vs Ham, banjo bowl vs Riders) but spent a good chunk of this year being displaced on the roster by Sadeghian. I thought or hoped he could develop into a guy Cornish Cal or McCarty in Edm but he never got onto the field much, for whatever reason. With Oosterhuis and Sadeghian on the roster they don’t need another FB, and assuming Garrett makes the roster as the primary returner he would also become the primary backup to Reid.

I’m not excited, I just like to know what we’re getting lol.I mean i’ve heard of him before but know nothing about him.Usually when we get a player of that nature I like to ask the fan base of the player who he is and what he offers.

I’m not excited, I just like to know what we’re getting lol.I mean i’ve heard of him before but know nothing about him.Usually when we get a player of that nature I like to ask the fan base of the player who he is and what he offers.

TiCat fans will have to let us know how he does because he got next to know playing time with the Bombers.

15 ---- you picked up a very good player in Stephenson, runs very hard and is a solid blocker and has been underused by WPG since he got here, with some touches he should surprise many ----- good inexpensive NI signing. IMO with the right team he could blossom, still a young guy (why we kept an older OOsterhuis and sadeghian is beyond me)

....every year we were hoping big Stephenson would break-out....I don't know if the coaches just didn't see anything in him orrrrrrr he has the Bauman syndrome...He has the size to be a good one but never really got a shot...MAYBE Ham. can unleash his talent...good luck to him :wink: