Darrell Adams retiring

wow... this sucks.

Adams was great on the line.

Inspiring to watch, and what i thought of as the keystone to the future of a dominant Tiger-Cats D-Line.

As for this chatter about the CBA being why three players retired before the season - the cap is still 4.2 million, and sometimes, the rest of life and the world weighs a little more than the glorious game of Gridiron Football.

I am so sick of some of the garbage on these forums. :thdn:

naysaying and defeatism.

once again the under belly of Hamilton's microscopic minority screams the loudest hoping to be heard as the majority.

This is a little bit of a shock. Adams has been our best DT the past two years for sure, and he is still young. He has been out with some injuries, but when he was healthy he was great.

I'll wish him the best, but I can't help but feel dissapointed that he will not be on the roster this year. This is a big loss to the D-line and any depth we had in this area.

PJ

That sucks but the season will go on. CBA or not I'd say the reasoning is that some players do lose the want and desire to keep playing. Especially in the CFL where you don't make the greatest money and your thousands of miles away from friends and family. I myself could see giving the CFL a shot for 2-3 seasons in hopes of being noticed by the NFL. If it didn't happen great retire and return home on focus on life after football. He maybe one of the smart ones hanging up early he did have some injury issues last season and may have decided that the CFL was worth the aches and pains that will continue on later in life. Good Luck in your future career.

Here we go again! Just not enough Canadians out there, and I don't think the players union and the league finalized the agreement to reduce the number of Canadians. He was probably frustrated too that even though he is better than most OLs he may lose his job becuase a Canadian shows up and they have to give him a job because he's Canadian........just not right.
They'll end up putting an inexperienced Canadian to try to block a faster bigger d-lineman and then we will be complaining about sacks and why the RBs are not getting the yardage they got last year.

The fact is the pay structure is the cause of many people choosing not to play football in the CFL. To call that garbage ignores the reality that players make huge sacrifices to play in this league without monetary compensation that reflects that sacrifice. Simply put, some players cannot afford to play here. The longer the cap is frozen the more players will see it that way since we are not suffering from deflation

The cap is the same but players also received an additional 56% of all league revenues at the end of the season, now they get nothing.