Darian Durant

Nice to see him move the offense. Good idea for the OC to get him out of the pocket and use mis-direction. Chances are Durant could be starting next week. Might be good for Marcus to back-up and rest his hamstring.

Jyles over-anxious.... he'll get better with experience.

Big win...heavy price

yea, his fake handoff roll out and hit fantuz was bread and butter. he ran it better than crandel does. im hoping durant does start next week. unless crandel says ( and is ) 100%

Marcus will be needed more versus Montreal, than Hamilton. Rest him and let him heal!!

I agree. It's Marcus' team but if he's sore at all, let Durant start against Hamilton. With our run stopping abilites, we can beat Hamilton with him. And it gives him experience for later in the season. knock on wood!

Seeing Durant start could be could but we cant expect Cates to take the ball every play Durant has got to be confident in his passing even if its short yardage passing. I do like how much Durant moves around but in a few plays last night he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. All in all impressed by Durant not surprized by Jyles

This is Durants team now, Jyles has no business being on the field again, and Crandell is just a revolving door of ailments and boo boos, welcome to the #2 spot Crandell, here's your clipboard ya sissy........

Wow!
I hope your ankle heals quicker than DJ's after jumping off the bandwagon like that...

deflatedOffline PostPosted: Jun 26, 2008 - 02:35 PM

Based on past performances,Ray,Burris and Glenn will be the top rated QB's in 2008 and that's fine, but as far as Calvillo/Brady/Banks,Printers/Williams,Joseph/Bishop and what their teams can offer as an offense,i'll take an average talent such as Crandell, surround him by extraordinary talent and watch that man excel,that's why this game is a team sport.........GO RIDERS

It doesn't take long for fickle Rider fans to start and turn on their QB.

Fickle schmickle. This was Crandells big chance and he came up lame,although i don't know the extent of Crandells latest hardship i question his heart ,i mean c'mon, even Buck played and he's a real physical mess.

Even you have to admit Arius, that Jyles was not very good in the game last night. They say Crandell will be out for 3 weeks, but I suspect he may be back sooner than that, the only person who can really determine how the hamstring has healed is Crandell himself. I don't totally agree with deflated's assessment, but the play he did get injured on looked innocent enough.

What does Jyles have to do with what Deflated said about Crandell? Other than the fact what he said about either QB is pretty silly.
One second, Crandell is a world beater--extraordinary, excel, were the words--next second, he is a pile of crap. Injuries happen. Dumping all over a guy for getting hurt is cheap, making the comments deflated made is even cheaper, and as I said, it is bandwagon jumping.
As for Jyles, you don't throw a guy under the bus based on 10 minutes of playing time. I seem to remember multiple lectures on these forums about "supporting our QBs" come hell or high water. Two seconds later they suck...
As much as I like and prefer Durant ahead of Jyles (and I think his being the number 2 guy was pure politics) I was rather surprised they gave him the hook when they did.
Anyway, I expect Durant to start next week, and this is his big chance. A good performance might make it tough not to stick with him. But that has nothing to do with Crandell's heart...

Hey, I never said I wanted Jyles to fail, but it seems that he was not prepared when he took over last night. He threw two picks and a poor throw led to an injury to one of our key receivers. He rightfully got the hook and the Riders went on to win because while Durant was not spectacular, he did not turn the ball over either.

As for Crandell, it did seem that he took himself out the game. Again, only he knows for sure how bad his injury is, but it didnt seem like he really did anything to pull the hamstring to the extent where he has sit out 3 weeks. He even finished the offensive series on which he got injured, so how bad could it have been?

I guess I'll quote you as well, Sambo:

I did ask you to say I will support Marcus Crandell without all the other BS.. just five words there Arius... I will support Marcus Crandell.. how hard is to post that? I no doubt will get a full page response to this one, but I have come to expect that from you... you say a lot without really saying anything at all.
That tongue lashing you gave me just doesn't have any sting left in it now... And players finish a series all the time then go to the bench, the injury swells, tightens up, and they can't go...all the time...

My words still go Arius. You wouldn't say the words, and now you are trying to justify it by trying to attack others on their comments. Crandell is still our no. 1 guy, and he will play when he is healed, the question is just how long will that be? Only Crandell knows for sure... I still support him, but that doesn't mean I cannot question how hurt he really is... or how much heart he actually has-- it seems that you are not being let back on the bandwagon when you jumped after Roy was fired...

Throw me a bone Arius, say those five words...

edit: Post was in poor taste Arius,i apologize.

... the play he did get injured on looked innocent enough.
Same can be said of Domingez' injury last year and it left him sidelined for the rest of the year. Without getting into all of the waste of bytes in this thread, I do think it very indulgent to belittle an injury. I couldn't imagine a professional player who had waited years to get his chance to start again, would use a little injury to take himself out because he is a "sissy". Maybe because he is man enough to accept that him being on the field with the injury he has is actually a detriment to the team at that point because he knows he can't perform, but that should be lauded, not belittled.

Yup, aren't i terrible for making comments out of anger,perhaps bringing a players heart into question was a little presumptuous on my part. Crandell is still #1 and hopefully his "strained" hammy will not keep him out for long ,gosh,lets be thankful it wasen't a pull or a tear.....Oh Yeh! no matter how bad Fred Perry performs in 2008 we still got burned on the Jyles deal,I do not ever wish to see Jyles in a Rider uniform again,.......nuff said

As for Crandell, it did seem that he took himself out the game. Again, only he knows for sure how bad his injury is, but it didnt seem like he really did anything to pull the hamstring to the extent where he has sit out 3 weeks. He even finished the offensive series on which he got injured, so how bad could it have been?
Yep, two whole games into the season and your support for Marcus is unwavering. Can you spell hypocrite? s..a..m..b..o.. Apparently, my support for Crandell far surpasses yours...

Don’t bet on getting that wish. He’ll be suited up again against Hamilton…and likely every remaining game this year. And will almost certainly play again.

I don't even understand what you are saying here, so I guess I have no response.....

So I questioned how serious his injury actually is... doesnt mean that I wont support him.. so I guess moron is spelled A..r..i..u..s