Danny Mac to the Wall!

It's harder to make it on The Wall than it is to get into The Hall.
This time, It's Danny McManus' turn: Hall of Fame quarterback Danny McManus selected for Hamilton Tiger-Cats' Wall of Honour - 3DownNation

7 Likes

I'll tell you what would be an easier sell... 'Danny Mac and Cheese'. Everyone wants THAT.

Seriously, Danny deserves to be 'on The Wall'. Both he and Ron Lancaster.

2 Likes

Hopefully next year.

2 Likes

Interview with Danny Mac here, starting about 2.5 minutes in.

Ticats Today - June 29th, 2022 (buzzsprout.com)

1 Like

Is Joe Zuger on the wall?

Yes Zuger is on the wall BUT NOT in the HOF :rage: which is an absolute effing disgrace by the clowns who actually vote members in .

6 Likes

Yes: Hamilton Tiger-Cats Alumni Association (htcaa.ca)

He is categorized as a "Player" but I would think his contributions as a builder helped cement his induction. Unlike the CFHOF, which seems to be an either/or situation (i.e. they don't look at "combined" player/builder contributions - as I sometimes try to explain in the annual "Why isn't Zuger in the CFHOF" thread).

(I just saw that Bobo beat me to it with his post.)

6 Likes

Interesting that the Ticats wall lists exactly two builders: Gaudaur and Sazio. In other words, no one that joined the organization in the last 59 years or so.

That could be an oversight. Al Bruno and Lancaster would be the most obvious candidates, with Steinauer probably conditional on winning a championship as a coach.

Or it could go a long way to explaining why we haven't fielded a consistent winner in the past 50 years or so. We haven't really had our W.Buono or J.Hufnagel or C.Murphy or even J.Popp who stuck around for a decade-plus of winning teams.

2 Likes

Danny Mac says he nearly drove his car off the road when Ticats owner CaretakerBob told him he was being added to the team's Wall of Honour on October 7.

3 Likes

Maybe next he can offer him a GM job. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love Danny Mac the QB . Is there any evidence that he could handle the managerial position ?

I would say "yes".

1 Like

On December 2, 2013, it was announced by TSN that Danny McManus has been hired as the Assistant General Manager and Director of U.S. Scouting for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He was hired by his former Ti-Cat's teammate, Kyle Walters, who is now serving as Winnipeg Blue Bomber's General Manager.

1 Like

Getting into HOF may be easier than getting on Wall of fame; as the player has to be excellent regardless of how many teams he's played for. D-Mac definitely deserves to be in HOF.
To get on WOF you have to be a great Ti-Cat for an extensive period of time. D-Mac was great for few years; but then not so good in last few years.
Cats didn't have great teams or players in the first decade of 2000s.
So D-Mac gets in partially by default.
I'm good with it either way; but I wouldn't say he's a lock.

This is the only other game I will attend in person
I respect Danny having interviewed the man when he was still our quarterback
This was in the early day in the of the Bob Young era
I wish to pay my respects and thank and thank him

I wish Danny Mac started last night.

The dinner is coming soon. The ceremony will be during the Sask game:

1 Like

Awesome - D Mac is missed.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.
jack

1 Like

Was anyone at the banquet tonight? I’d love to hear any bits and pieces about how it went.

2 Likes