Danny Barrett

Danny and Roy Ran a country club with out any consequences for being a very average football club, until their demise, it had to happen, and as for Tillman, he is probably stockpilling receivers for a trade with B.C. Clermont has stated he will play in Sask, whether it is this year or when he becomes a free agent in June of 2008.

I was shaking my head when S and then B got the boot, at first. In spite of the mediocre records I’ve seen some of the best Rider football ever in the past 3-4 years. In the end though it’s performance that counts and the only playoff game I’ve ever seen at Taylor field had two teams and neither wore green.

roy and danny had there chance they didn't get it done. They had a losing record they brought in bad charater players. Still no realy great QB there departing is a good thing for the riders

:roll:

You arent gonna last long with statements like that. As Rider fans on these boards we always are being bashed for the misconception about us. We all try to show that every team in the L has players who get arrested, fined, etc.

Wow you really need to give you head a shake.

Shivers was ruining this team… it was his fault that Burris left.

I’m so glad they got rid of him! ANYONE but Shivers.

Barrett's time was up. 7 Straight years and no home playoff games. I mean he's a really nice guy, but it had to happen. With how good our team actually was through those years and to not go anywhere but 3rd or 4th was unexceptable.We were more than able to get a 2nd or even 1st place spot in one of those 7 years and it didn't happen. If he couldn't take us anywhere in 7 years what would he do with another 7.

When Burris left the only good replacement Shivers got at the time was Crandell. He was too busy trying to get him back when it was obvious he wasn't, and all that was left to replace him with was crandell.He should have been looking for someone better to replace him.

I'm not sure about that; wasn't Greene still there? Seems to me that I recall that when Henry took his act to Calgary, Greene was the #1 QB (and one of Hank's alleged reasons for leaving was that Shivers and Barrett wouldn't guarantee that he'd be #1 over Greene).

MadJack, you're right.....Greene didn't get moved to Montreal until April 20 of 2006 - the best day of my Rider-fan life.....Burris was long gone by that time.....I do think, though, that Gcup89 was referring to Crandell as a possible replacement for our then-#1 QB.....

yes i was.