Dane Evans

Make that "here's" not hears! My badness!

Pat Lynch (the old guy who's getting older every day)

for the people that keep saying we shouldve kept manziel because masoli might not be the guy, guess what. In no scenario is Manziel that guy either!

Scenario

1. he proves himself to be a hell of a QB in this league, puts up wins and numbers. After 2019, hes off to the nfl goodbye.
    And dont say no he wont be because he already had lookers before he came up here.

2. He sucks and isnt worth the price of admission in the first place.

3. Hes mediocre, doesnt do much in the way or wins or stats but enough to keep himself on the field and out of the NFL.

We got an all star NAT DE, an all star WR/KR and two high first round picks for a backup QB that is all hype to this point, a LT off the waiver wire and a backup NAT OL.Im the furthest thing from a Tillman fan but theres no way this is a bad trade. Like Tillman said, they cant carry both next year so one of the two QBs had to go and teams wont pay at much when they know that. Would you want to get rid of Masoli for a guy thats gunna suck or do good enough to be in the NFL the next year.

Scenario 1 is preferred by some short-sited people. This is the era of instant gratification and Manziel’s bling had reeled them in no matter how temporary.
Candy Crush or Manziel? Take your pick. :wink:

But what is our confidence level in June making the right calls? Many posters on here question in game decisions by JJ after every game. And he seems to fail to learn from them.

This organization is putting alot of faith into him.

I disagree, there have been way too many moves made by the team in the last year that make me question what the plan is.

Trading for the 1st overall pick before knowing what Chapman would want as a contract is the most glaring example.

Ironically, I had the feeling the organization always had a plan under Austin. I had full confidence in him. Obviously things went terribly wrong at the end, and it’s too bad because I maintain that has been the best shape the club has been, top to bottom since Lancaster.

Time will tell, but my confidence is not high with Jones calling the shots.

Couple years then Head Coach Orlondo?

I watched Evans a lot at Tulsa, where he competed against a QB I liked name Cody Green.

Evans was the better QB and he has done extremely well in limited playing opportunities as a pro.

Very underrated kid worth keeping an eye on. I am sure he's impressed the staff and made it easier for them to part ways with Manziel.

I still consider Adams better than Evans as a backup for Masoli. Tillman could
have easly included him in the trade for Manzeil. Now we have a backup with
no CFL experience at all.

I don’t feel comfortable with that.

Your like a broken record. No amount of logic by many other poster disputing your thoughts on how this team is managed seems to have any effect. You know…may just be wrong.
It’s a good thing you don’t run this team.
I’d hate to think what shape we’d be in now.

Prior to the trade, we had a backup with no CFL experience at all.

GOTC1, you would prefer Adams to Evans. Got it. Unfortunately, Adams is signed in Montreal, Evans is in Hamilton. Your preference is noted, but it isn’t happening.

You are worried that if Masoli is injured, Evans is not ready as a back-up, and the team will suffer. Got it. Unfortunately, although your fears are noted, that is what will happen.

You do not like the Manziel trade, would have preferred to keep, even start Manziel. Got it. Unfortunately, the trade did happen, Manziel is gone, and Masoli is the starter.

Can you find a new hobby horse to ride? Something based in reality?

That is a pretty valid point:)

Dane Evans is also our holder for FG's and converts which is a under rated yet very important duty

Well, the bottom line is, June Jones who coached Adams in an East/West game to a great performance chose to keep Evans over Adams, whose style is far closer to Masoli’s than Evans’ is. What that should tell you is that Evans’ skill set was far better than Adams’.

So you should feel comfortable with that.