Dane Evans Retires

4 Likes

wow, he’s still young and many teams are in need of quarter backs, Saskatchewan for example. I feel for Evans.

2 Likes

Wow ! That is a total surprise indeed . I’m guessing that no one saw that coming at all . Thanks Dane for all the memories and congrats and good luck to you in your next path in live wherever it will take you . :ticats: :bclions: :+1:t2: :beers: :+1:t2:

7 Likes

HUGE WOW!!!
Best of luck Dane in your next stage of life!

7 Likes

You consider the money he’s potentially walking away from as a starter or competing to be a starter, it makes this even more surprising. There’s more to life than $$ and obviously Dane’s mental and physical well being are more important to him.

I feel for him but at the same time he appears very much at peace with this decision and good on him for not hanging a team out to dry by doing this during training camp or something like that.

11 Likes

Best wishes for you and the entire family Dane.

This is a tough choice but one I respect.

I hope you continue to strive for your goals in life and that you achieve them.

Forever a Tiger Cat.

2 Likes

Shocking and disappointing (as a fan).

4 Likes

Best wishes for the next phase of your life Dane. It was a pleasure watching you play.

1 Like

A definite surprise. Best wishes to Dane and his family. Always enjoyed watching him play.

1 Like

Dane’s long bomb TD pass to a fully stretched out Speedy B in the end zone at the donut box is one of my favorite Ticat hi lights ever. You know the one I’m talking about.

2 Likes

2019 EDF I believe

2 Likes

Yuppers . Against the team that at the time was named the Eskimos .Cats won going away right from the get go . The game was never close . Final score 36-16 .

3 Likes

Why not us?

1 Like

Yup , remember that also . If I’m not mistaken that was first mentioned as the Eskimo team mantra heading into the game by their then QB at the time Trevor Harris . I remember sitting up in the stands that day where a bunch of us all started screaming as loud as possible “WHY NOT US ?” “WHY NOT US ?” “WHY NOT US ?” . Good times indeed .

2 Likes

The 2021 East Final is a special one as well.
Literally perfect.

8 Likes

Feels so long ago. Two favourite plays from that one are the Evans strip before the half that likely saved the game, and Ja’Gared in coverage with the pass knockdown.

3 Likes

Also don’t forget the punt return TD from Papi White that ignited the whole turnaround in that game .

5 Likes

Definitely Bobo. The other two are so rarely seen in any game and that’s why they stick with me in particular.

1 Like

Didn’t see it coming either and I’m supposed to see everything (except the forest for the trees).
Suspect Dane acknowledged he wasn’t going to be a starter this year - and decided it wasn’t worth the effort to kill one of his good years for only $100 to $120k as either a #2 or #3 guy (especially #3) so he called it a day.
Wonder if he’s any good on the stick? Might beat Bo-Levi to the broadcast booth as Mitchell’s career hangs in the balance.
Seems like a nice guy - wish him all the best whether it be coaching, managing, broadcasting or Crypto-Ambrosie!!!

3 Likes

That’s too bad to hear, I assumed Dane had a second football (playing) chapter after his time in Hamilton. He could still be a hellava QB with the right situation.

Thanks for time and effort here Dane, and best of luck with whatevers next.

Edit: * side note, many of us have cake emojis beside our name, what’s that about?

2 Likes