Dane Evans out 4-6 weeks with LBI

Just saw it announced on the ticker on TSN Overdrive with Hayes, Noodles and the O Dog.

Whats a LBI?

lower back injury?

I just got it. Lower Body Injury. Same old. Never sure why they dont just state the injury especially when out that long. Seems silly.

LBI is an acronym for "we arent going to be specific because we dont have to be."

2 Likes

What now?
Well, there's a report of the team signing another QB, a Canadian:

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have signed Canadian quarterback Graham Kelly to the practice roster, per source.

The six-foot-seven, 245-pound passer played at Mount Allison and signed with the Montreal Alouettes after going unselected in the 2019 CFL Draft. He was released at the end of training camp and sat out the season until an opportunity to play in Mexico arose.

Kelly was one of the top picks in the inaugural Canadian LFA draft, which was held in November 2019. The event saw 25 players selected to join LFA squads a means of developing their skills to potentially get another opportunity to play in the CFL.

He played three games with the Naucalpan Raptors, but was released just prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Ticats announced on Monday that Dane Evans would miss the next four-to-six weeks with a lower body injury. Jeremiah Masoli has missed the last two games with a rib injury and it remains unclear whether or not he will start this week when Hamilton takes on the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Kelly provides some much-needed depth in Tiger Town as the club navigates some crucial quarterback injuries.

If each QB lasts 2-3 games, we need one more to take us through the period of Evans’ injury. Hope he’s a quick study.

We're going to evaluate the hell out of him.

2 Likes

Thank you O-line...

7 Likes

The injury report says Oblique

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

:sunglasses: Who was the moron who wrote the above article regarding our next opponent ??

I believe it was 3rd down nation ?? So our next opponent on Friday is Saskatchewan is it ?? Could have fooled me, I thought it was Calgary !!

Amazing how some writers can be so dumb !! :roll_eyes: :rage:

1 Like

John Hodge and I called him out on the mistake on Twitter

And it Is Calgary since i plan to try and briefly talk to Crawford after. Which I likely can . I think Elks only got in trouble for fan interaction due to there covid outbreak since argos and other teams players have thrown gloves to fans and signed stuff post game and not gotten fined.

Your welcome

I wonder if Masoli might not be ready to go Friday and they needed someone in this week (ie a Canadian) who wouldn’t have to quarantine to back up Watford?

The Canadian qb signing could be just for depth , i think still likely masoli dresses but good to have a extra qb just in case

Masoli is tough. He would play hurt

2 Likes

And they have to heal for when Evan’s gets hurt again

If they needed an MRI to diagnose the injury it’s strange he was crying on the bench.that usually happens when its obvious and serious

1 Like