cuts

Jesse Alexander(LB)Shermar Bracey(RBJerome Braziel(DB)Sam Breeden(WR)Kegan ColemanRB)
Jon Colon(OL)Chris Cowan(OL)Darian Durant(QB)
Antonio Hall(OL)Peter Hogarth(OL)Charles Howard(DL)James Johnson(DB)Kareem Kelly(WR)
Devin Lewis(WR)Maurice Lloyd(LB)Eric Loui(DB)
Sean Lucas(DB)Anton McKenzie(LB)Kyle Mitchell(DE)Rob Pikula(P/K)Gabe Reininger(DL)Rontarius Robinson(DB)Shukree Shabazz(DB)
Brandon Smith(WR

Ok now here is my problem. I like Danny Barret, and I think he is a nice guy buy when are you going to start realizing that cutting your vets isn't a bad thing. Jon Colon was battling Charles Thomas for his position and people in camp said they couldn't get by him because his long arms. Then there is Mitchell where the most memorable thing I've seen him to was blow a 3rd and 26 to cost us the West Finals against B.C. Everyone raved about Shemar Bracey and Shubazz in the games but couldn't find a spot for them on the team. All I have to say is that some of these players better be on the practice or developmental roster before some other team steals them and they kill us.

Thats the problem with Barrett. He is a "nice guy" and from my experiences in sports, "nice guys" finish last. Take Don Matthews for example, probably one of the biggest A-holes in the league, but also one of the best coaches.

Yes it was Don Matthews who said that a good coach knows when to release a veteran once he has outplayed his usefulness.

Charles Thomas did get a few more lazy holding calls last year than I liked, but I would rather have a holding call than seeing the quarterback lying motionless on the turf. Did he get any holding calls during the preseason? I don't know.

Cutting a veteran can be controveral. Remember when Bobby Jurasin was cut? Generally though, veterans cut loose are more likely to be picked up by other teams than a first year player. Also, all things being equal, the nod generally goes to the veteran. I am also glad we are not loosing prime veterans who cannot be replaced because of salaries like we used to.

When does the practise/developmental squad need to finalized? Any hopes or predictions who they will be? Here are mine: Colon, Hogarth, Cowan, Durant, Shabazz, Louis and Lloyd. As far as Bracey goes, I would rather let him go and pick up that guy whom Winnipeg just cut loose,Onterrio Smith.

cjme reported the practice squad as:

Darian Durant
Shermar Bracey
Chris Cowan
Maurice Lloyd
Anton McKenzie
Kareem Kelly
Rontarius Robinson

Okay... they make sense to me. A QB, RB, Rec, 2 LBs and a DB.

Keeping Kelly over Breeden kinda suprises me since Kelly dropped a few passes in preseason. One forsure I know was a touchdown. They were so high on Breeden last year on the reserve squad and coming into camp.

i thought kelly and breeden were sposed to be these great receivers, what ever happend there

GO RIDERS!!!

Surprising to see them cut Lewis, Kelly, and Breeden yet they keep Tounkara? :? :?

Tounkara is Canadian and that the only thing he has going for him or he would be cut. They got Fantuz so I don't know why they kept him either.

Well Tounkara had a very good camp and not a bad preseason including a nice 25 yarder in the game in Edmonton.

BTW, if you really want to know who is sticking around on the PR and injury reserve, check out the Riderville website (no you do not need to be a member to look at the Meet the Team section of the site!).

Well Tounkara had a very good camp and not a bad preseason including a nice 25 yarder in the game in Edmonton.

BTW, if you really want to know who is sticking around on the PR and injury reserve, check out the Riderville website (no you do not need to be a member to look at the Meet the Team section of the site!).

I know that it is probably ancient history to bring up the issue of training camp cuts, but… I was doing a google search on Jon Colon and I found a couple of articles which spoke of the Florida Coach threatening to cut Colon from the team unless his attitude improved. The articles were complementary on his abilities but were critical of his controversies with the Coach.
The 'riders have in the past cut players from their roster who were talented but were released for other “issues.” Back in 1977, the 'riders brought up a recent NFL cut, a running back named Tommy Reamon who racked up a couple of 100 yd games after arriving and then was mysteriously cut loose. Well, it was not long afterwards when the rumours began about his idiotic behaviour and his disrespect of the coaches and other players during team meetings.
Who knows? Maybe we don’t always know the whole story?

Wow alot of players got cut.