Cuts coming soon.....Live with it!

Starting today, there will be cuts at the Rookie Camp. Then, the cuts from the Main Training Camp. Maybe cuts to make room for new guys we haven't even heard about yet.
Inevitably some of the cuts will be one of YOUR favourites. Please, take it with a shrug. Don't load up this site with whines like.."How could they let such talent go?"....or..."Mark my words. He'll come back to haunt us."

Let's have confidence that Taaffe and his coaches know their system, can judge which players will suit that system best, and which players best suit a true TEAM concept.

This will be a GREAT year for the Ticats, and Taaffe is the right guy to make it happen. Let's start by accepting his choices.

Starting today, there will be cuts at the Rookie Camp. Then, the cuts from the Main Training Camp. Maybe cuts to make room for new guys we haven't even heard about yet. Inevitably some of the cuts will be one of YOUR favourites. Please, take it with a shrug. Don't load up this site with whines like.."How could they let such talent go?"....or..."Mark my words. He'll come back to haunt us."
This is a message board, not a knitting class. Last time I checked this was Canada.

Wilf it will happen anyways. It takes 3 mnts after every Marcel and Taaffe move before people get why they did it.

Um, remember last season? You could cut the whole team in my opinion. No job is safe, and when you put in a collective terrible year, there better be some new faces and many cuts. Time to win, 3 year plan has come and gone.

They scrapped that 3 year plan, now it looks like they’ve started a new one lol.

I don’t think when they sat down 3 years ago their plan was to load up half the team with rookies and have an entire new coaching staff after year 3.

Sage advice, Wilf, but whinning is the norm here. Sometimes it's amusing, but mostly annoying. I enjoy an intelligent debate and especially look forward to seeing some when the QB cuts are announced.

Well said Wilf...but bear in mind some don't like "the voice of reason"!

I hate cuts, always have. It stinks to see people you like on their way out. That being said, I want to win and I'm willing to let the coaches make the tough decisions and we'll see if they pan out.

There are essentially two kinds of negative posts:

"Whining" = when someone else complains about something

"Constructive criticism" = when you complain about something

Before the games begin, let the heads roll!

I can deal with it because I have faith and trust in our new coaching staff to do the right thing.

Anyone in this year's training camp that thinks he is exempt from the falling axe had better think again.

This coaching staff knows how to produce the best possible football from the talent on hand.

Oski wee wee!

Or the falling mortar! :wink:

Hey Wilf! It is kinda hard for you to connect with players
from way up North paddling around the lake in a canoe

but we who attend practices, and team functions
get to know and like some of the players.

Is it okay if we feel like making comments
about them before they are just memories?

uote="ronfromtigertown"]Hey Wilf! It is kinda hard for you to connect with players
from way up North paddling around the lake in a canoe

but we who attend practices, and team functions
get to know and like some of the players.

Is it okay if we feel like making comments
about them before they are just memories?
[/quote]
Ron. It's not just hard, it's impossible!
I depend on reports from those of you who are able to attend practices. Even then, I must be careful to detect outright favouritism from honest praise and criticism. But, I know from a previous life that practices are still a step short of actual game conditions.

By all means comment to your heart's content. I look forward to it.
My only point in my original post is this...'Don't get so attached to any one player that your faith in the team will go with him when he's cut. I know it's tough to say goodbye to a friend, but there is a bigger picture, and better minds than ours will make the right choices.'

What's wrong with paddling around northern lakes in a canoe?

If you're getting emotionally attached to the players, then I suggest you prepare yourself for their eventual departure in advance.

This year I won't even wine if Hitch gets cut! because if its going to take major changes to start winning THE BIG W's thats all that really matters. Last year we had players talking about what bar they were going to after the game when we were getting our asses kicked in the fourth quarter. I hope every player from last year with that kinda attitude is long gone or will get the boot soon? CHOP CHOP :cowboy:

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but did anyone else catch the last paragraph in the Spec article linked from the homepage today....

"Cross former University of Toronto Varsity Blues defensive lineman Michael Goncalves off the roster list. The only player drafted from the school in the 2007 draft packed it in yesterday. Desjardins said about six more rookies will be gone by tomorrow morning, so the club can reach its 80-player training camp limit."

So....there is at least one we know of whose name still appears on the roster but is already gone. Any concrete info on anyone else???