Custumer (dis)service Issue...

A current renewed season ticket holder may have received a call if they purchased an individual game ticket at some point during the year.

is that not Illegal in Canada?

I get the sense that the people complaining here

have issues with the increased season ticket prices
or the perceived value they are getting from the team

that have magnified the annoyance factor
of the Ticats automated telemarketing calls.

Such an impersonal method of communication
is not the right one for season ticket holders

who have already made the tough decision
of not renewing their seasons tickets.

True, these poor folks don't even get the opportunity to vent to a live party. LOL!

If only Bob knew as much about football as he does about marketing. This team would go unbeaten for years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if its a non-published number they are calling. Even if its non-published and you add it to their list then its still not illegal.

So to sum up… its only illegal if they access a non-published number without proper authorization.

Nobody called, what they don't want my business.

Somebody called, telemarketer, they bug me.

No win situation, what can you do.

wow... haven't lived in Steeltown for over 30 years... but I don't remember it being this whiney... If I didn't know better... I would have thought this was a Hogtown form...

Is there not Do not call list here in Canada?
If not there should be one.

cmon earl. Do you expect “we want your business” calls from your local supermarket, gas station, drug store, flowershop, auto mechanic, dentist, home depot, Pizza joint, future shop, costco, etc???

Public ads should be enough to “get your business”

LOL now THAT is funny. :lol:

Hey FYB, I believe Earl was making a point that if there weren’t any calls people would be complaining that they didn’t want their business. I don’t think he was actually complaining about not getting a call.

yeah, I know, I was just trying to say that anyone complaining about not getting calls would be the ones totally out of line.

Is this really about telemarketing? Or is everyone just a little upset because they're hungry? Have a snickers! :smiley:

one can only hope for ticat fans that this is the worst thing they have to complain about this yr.

Gotta be a hunger thing I think. :wink:

I think this is a great marketing idea!!
Ticat fans have complained in the past about lack of information, what a great way to remind fans to buy tickets.

I think there are some people out their who are really looking for an excuse not to buy tickets. I've heard all the excuses, its either "Telemarketing for season tickets!! I'm fed up with this way of selling tickets - you can shove it, I'm not buying tickets this year"
or "Why would they schedule Thursday night games - they can shove their tickets" or why would they schedule a Saturday afternoon game in the summer "they can shove it:
or "they've increased the price of tickets, - after the past couple of losing seasons they expect me to pay more - they can shove it"

Hey mike, oh yea, Hamilton is big-time isn't it. More excuses than there is lunch buckets in this town I think. :lol:

(BTW, I like lunch buckets, use one myself to bring to work on occasion. :wink: )

K.W.

No apology needed.
Ignore the whining on this thread.
I got a call too but unlike other telemarketing calls I did not hang up this time. I thought it was a novel way of reminding fans about seasons tickets. No problem.

you can kiss up all you want, but still no free tickets :stuck_out_tongue:

I got the call too and I have to admire the enthusiasm of Casey Printers and the Ticats sales department in attempting to sell Ticats season tickets to the Argonauts Band.

See you on Labour Day,
xoxoxoxo
Argonotes, the Toronto Argonauts Band

Printers called you guys? Lucky. All I got was Kevin Eakin tring to sell be a vacuum cleaner.