Curse of the Kicker

Is tonight the curse of the kicker or what?

Duvall missed 3. Prefontaine choked at the end. Congi just missed an easy kick.

It seems the only kicker having any luck tonight is a SB. :lol:

I gotta say though...Both misses by Duval were close. I wonder if you can challenge a missed field goal?

I was wondering the same thing ro

Good thing that Duvall, Prefontaine and Congi aren't being subjected to what Doug Berry put Westwood through after having a rough game.

Duval wont be put through the ringer......He has an inside connection!

I suppose if you had a roof top view straight down, similar to a hockey net. The end zone shots are so misleading, you never know at what point the ball passes the "bar".

Agreed, especially if the ball is over the uprights. If its not you can watch to see if the ball blocks the view of the post or if the post blocks the view of the ball......

BTW

Good pics ro. That is close, and at what point did it pass by.

Hey, for non-dome Stadiums, how about bringing the Good Year Blimp back for instant replay?

I have no doubt that there were both misses.
You do realise that the blimp would put me out of a job!

Only on field goals!

ok then! :lol:

The curse continues... Westwood is 1-3 tonight.

And Setta missed an easy one too!

Congi last night too. 2 - 4.

Sportsmen Posted: Aug 03, 2007 - 06:17 PM

Good pics ro. That is close, and at what point did it pass by.

Hey, for non-dome Stadiums, how about bringing the Good Year Blimp back for instant replay?

haha Yeah bring back the blimp view. That was the best part about watching a game on TV :slight_smile:

Oh Boy! Westwood will see the boogie man in his room tonight. Berry seems to make his life pure torture when he doesn't perform. Have to wonder why a guy would want to put himself through that?

Speaking of the Good Year blimp. Years ago, whenever it was in Montreal they used to park it on our runway. I spoke to one of the pilots one time who said that quite often when they were in the Southern parts of the States...They were shot at!

Directly over the upright is considered a miss; since if the upright were extended the ball would hit the post.