CURRENT TORONTO SUN POLL; 29% WILL NOT WATCH

Somewhat surprising how currently nearly 30% who voted will not watch.
I am one of those.
Honestly I am also surprised this was listed as an option and especially since the Sun is famous for slagging the Grey Cup's with similar polls of "I Don't Care" etc..

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/home.html

Even though I will definately watch, I voted 'NO'.

I advise others to do the same, even if they will actually watch.

The Star has a similar poll. Remarkably, 51% have voted 'NO', compared to only 30% for the Toronto Sun poll. Doesn't that tell us a lot about readers of the TOronto Sun?

http://www.thestar.com/sports# (vote NO at the bottom of the page)

Nice!

I suppose no one remembers the results of the similar Grey Cup poll?

i am one who voted no, and actually didnt watch.

Its at 51% no!

I didn’t watch either and I am told other then the opening kickoff it was another Super Bore.

argotom, you sure make a lot of posts regarding the NFL and the Superbowl for someone who doesn't care.

It depends what it is he cares about ...

I agree, so you don’t like it and won’t watch it, big deal. Don’t keep dwelling on the fact that you think it’s boring. It’s starting to become overkill. I rarely watch the NBA but you don’t see me on here saying basketball’s boring, here is poll after poll to prove it. Some people like it and that’s fine with me, everyone has different tastes. You aren’t going to convert people over to the CFL by telling them the NFL is boring.

thats how i got to be a CFL fan...so it works!

Perhaps in some cases it does, drumkit, but I write truthfully (in my own view, of course)when I suggest that seeing this much bashing of another sport on this forum appears childish and petty, and smells suspiciously like an inferiority complex.....

I agree, so you don't like it and won't watch it, big deal. Don't keep dwelling on the fact that you think it's boring. It's starting to become overkill. I rarely watch the NBA but you don't see me on here saying basketball's boring, here is poll after poll to prove it. Some people like it and that's fine with me, everyone has different tastes. You aren't going to convert people over to the CFL by telling them the NFL is boring.

roughy, the backlash is more, I think, it reference to all the anti-CFL writing we here in papers like the Toronto Sun. If they would just write their articles without needless constant bashing of the CFL, I think people around here wouldn't be so anti-NFL, or appear to be. It just peeves us off when all we read is anti-CFL bush articles all the time out of the Sun etc., it just gets you peeved off.

Couldn't agree more. And how would anyone know if the game was boring if you didn't watch it? The game was pretty good and last rounds game between the Colts -Pats was one of the better games I've seen in either league. The Superbowl was higher scoring than the Grey Cup game.

Why don't they then go bombard that newspaper with endless NFL bashing , rather than us football fans here who don't do that?

Good point pennw. But as I say, I think it's more just a backlash, at heart, I think 99 percent of the people on this forum really like both the CFL and NFL even if some prefer, say, the CFL over the NFL. It's just a place to vent over the anti-CFL articles. But agree, maybe best to just tell the papers directly than posting on here like this.

X2 :thup:

what a difference it was too :roll:
grey cup : 25-14
superbowl: 29-17

All of a sudden stating an opinion is seen as overkill.
But, when the reverse is made known about our CFL being boring for this game or that, even the Grey Cup or the entire 06 season, it becomes open season.
There are some of us here, myself included, who could care less about the NFL or the SB but I have and will continue to state my opinion about same.
This after all is a CFL site and those who feel my opinion may be over the top like roughyfan, I say too bad.
Unlike some, I am objective and will agree how for the most part the CFL 06 season was nowhere as exciting as previous years and the GC game was apperently like the SB, a dud.
So roughyfan please grow up and try to be objective and constructive.

"at heart, I think 99 percent of the people on this forum really like both the CFL and NFL"

I seriously doubt that!