Culpepper on Bombers' negotiation list

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=210126&hubname=cfl

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have added quarterback Daunte Culpepper to their negotiation list, according to local reports.

The news comes just days after his current team - the Miami Dolphins - acquired quarterback Tren Green from the Kansas City Chiefs and told Culpepper they wanted to trade him.

Culpepper - who is due to make US$5.5 million in the NFL this season - played in only four games a year ago because of knee problems and is still trying to recover from major surgery.

He came off a subpar season in 2005, when he tore three ligaments in his knee during a game against Carolina. In seven games, he threw six touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

He burst onto the scene in 2000 in his first year as a starter, throwing for nearly 4,000 yards and 33 touchdowns to help lead the Vikings to the NFC Championship game. But that season was washed away with an embarrassing 41-0 loss to the Giants in the Meadowlands.

Culpepper had his finest season in 2004, completing nearly 70 percent of his passes with 39 touchdowns and a 110.9 rating. Only Peyton Manning's record-setting season kept Culpepper from the MVP award.

Just thought this was kind of interesting.

He'll probably get picked up by another NFL team if the Dolphins release him, imo.

culpepper has gone downhill since that 'sex-boat' thing..haha

Does he have knee's that work. In the CFL you need a guy that can scramble out of the pocket his knee's are to bad for doing that. Pocket passing is all he can do. Arena Football look out for pepper.

Culpepper sucks

Just goes to show how well the backup qbs are doing in bomber camp. Taman still believes it wasn't T Martins fault he sucked so bad.

aaaah did I hear you knock Taman there piggy boy? Is that CFL porkchop saying Taman did wrong? Naw can not be! :lol:

I hear he has already said he would not report to the Lions.

Well, aa a Miami Dolphin fan I'm glad to hear Trent Green has been acquired.

That is kind of surprising for the Chiefs to trade away Green. But it would seem to have brought up Casey Printers stock somewhat with them , unless they bring in another QB.

Just going by what I heard him say 05, you can draw your own conclusions from it. :roll:

Daunte Culpepper will not play in the CFL.

no kidding.... even if he doesnt land work in the NFL he'll probably retire rather with that sweet NFL pension then play here. plus his bum knees would limit his effectiveness anywase.