Crowd noise is missing

Watching the game at home on TSN and the crowd noise is so so. But when talking to friends that were at the game it was deafening. Too bad TSN isn't interested in providing a quality product. They're too interested in making sure we see the on field advertising. Maybe there is a contractual obligation stating CFL games can't be louder than NFL games. Lol

3 Likes

I agree. I have a surround-sound speaker setup and it used to be that the crowd noise sounded incredible in my living room. It felt like you were at the game in the middle of the crowd. For some reason this year the crowd noise is not very loud at all. Maybe TSN cheaped out and reduced the amount of microphones around the stadium.

4 Likes

During Winnipeg home games, rather than crowd noise they use that irritating drumming sound track between plays. Most teams (needed) inserted noise during the COVID-19 season for obvious reasons. Some teams still need it, Winnipeg doesn't. CFL please remove the caned drumming sound for Winnipeg home games.

5 Likes

And then we have the people who complain too much crowd noise drowns out the play by play. SMDH. The mix is perfect on my system.

2 Likes

I wonder if it was the internal stadium noise makers like sirens etc ... that were over powering the broadcast and they turned it down too far now .

Some of The preseason games were very loud with car horns and sirens .... . I think it was the Montreal and BC home preseason games if I recall that were over the top .... not sure .

1 Like

In the NHL during zero fan games (COVID-19), they used a canned cheering track. It was a dull until the play was within the blue zone, then it became louder, was very predictable.

1 Like

I say we should never go back to that no matter what happens. That ploy sucked like many others. Cardboard fans in the stands was lame too. Stupid!

2 Likes

Lame, but funny!

1 Like

[quote="Paolo_X, post:7, topic:79387"]

I say we should never go back to that no matter what happens. That ploy sucked like many others. Cardboard fans in the stands was lame too. Stupid!

I believe it was a money maker as well, if you wanted to have your photo in a seat you had to pay the team.

1 Like

Ah the sheeple and pandemic scams indeed

1 Like

HaHaHa......the most travel I did in years.....que the song .
I've been everywhere man. :musical_score::musical_note::guitar:

1 Like

I like muffled crowd noise where I can't hear specific voices. There are lots of obnoxious loud mouth blowhards at Esks games who are apparently smarter than the entire coaching staff put together. It really put me off going to games in person.

1 Like

You mean you don't just love those fans that are bare chested, swilling and spilling beer standing up so that behind can't see and oh yes, belching, swearing and being generally obnoxious ? What's the matter with you ? Are you anti Canadian ? I'll just bet you expect civility among fans too.
There was one miscreant applauding the violence in the Argo, Rider game and stating that QB's are fair game. I winder if he's ever put on the pads ?

1 Like

I've got season tickets in Regina (loudest stadium in Canada), and quite often watch the game again with PVR. The stadium in person is deafening, and the TV broadcast you can barely tell there is any crowd noise whatsoever.

Add crowd noise to the TV feed. Plain and simple.

I would be up for LIMITED drones flying around the action during the games too

How about no for yet another bad idea of yours? It's a game and not a sitcom or the circus.