Crossing fingers for Sunday...but....next year...

Im really hoping the tiger cats pull this off on Sunday but if we dont pull it off we really need to think about who to keep for next year on the offence. Other then Mike Filer and Ryan Bomben i wasnt overly impressed with our other players on our O line. Dyakowski was even getting beat this year and Tim O Neill will probably retire because he has lost a step i think. Hes also pushing 36 years old.

I also think Andy Fantuz is not the same like he used to be and will probably retire. With what we have in Canadian Tasker, Sinkfield, Banks, Grant, Toliver and Underwood...and Canadians Aprile and Coates...when Spencer Watt is healthy we will have another canadian in him also. i can see Andy Fantuz leaving or us not keeping him for the price tag. I wish we would have kept Ellingson but oh well. Ottawa is using him well this year.

Our defence, I wouldnt change too much next year other then getting rid of Ed Gainey. Next year we will have the likes of Brian Bulcke, Linden Gaydosh and Johnny Sears back which will make our defense even stronger.

But before any of that, LETS KICK SOME BUTT ON SUNDAY!!!! THIS WILL PROBABLY BE THE LAST GAME FOR MASOLI AND HARRIS TO PROVE THEMSELVES...

Allan

8) I agree with you regarding Fantuz. This is the final year of his contract, and if he hopes to re-sign with the Cats, he
   would have to take a massive cut in salary, or he will be gone !!   Injury prone the last couple of years also.

As you mentioned, we need a huge turn over on our OL.  Filer and Bomben are definite keepers, but we need some young
   big tough studs to replace the older guys.

I sure don't see them keeping Johnny Sears.  He is great when he plays, but that is very seldom.  What has he played,
    maybe 3 games for us this year ??  The rest of the time on the injury list.

Coates is ok, but what has Aprile done at all ??  He's had a couple of chances to prove what he can do this year,
     and he did nothing to impress anyone at all.

Hey guys don't forget Joel Figueroa would be our best olineman if only he could stay Healthy

Our OL cannot suck as much as you three.

Man you could build a complete team around the number of starters we lost to injury this year and that either returned or remained injured?

Let’s pull of a big Win today in Hammer Town and work towards next week instead of next season as I believe their is still another chapter to be written in this 2015 season of up’s and downs and many wins!!

GO CATS GO!!!

I already did. See here:

Swap Cleshawn Page for Mike Edem at DB, Jeremy Lewis for Marc Dile on the O-Line, and add Jeff Mathews as backup QB.

And now I will have to swap Eric Norwood in for Hasan Hazime, especially since he's a true DE, and Hazime's a DT; and only on the 1-game IL... :frowning:

In addition to his challenges with injuries, I think the change in the DB/receiver contact rules hurt Fantuz. He's a big, physical receiver and the new rules put more emphasis on shiftiness and speed.