crap

Can I make a suggestion … Can cfl.ca please stop using PDF’s as a method of delivering team statistics and other league related documents.

PDF Files are ultra lame. I could rant here forever regarding the horrible problems with software patents and legal copyright law in regards to open data and ownership … But i’ll spare all of you. But really - please stop using PDFs … legal encumberance’s aside … its a garbage format.

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Hey, Statik76, how did you qoute everything your post???

PDFs are distributed because they are not subject to any manipulation (like a Word file could be). Once dynamic player stats are on the site, you can search a player game by game without searching through a PDF. For now, stats reports are in PDF so fans can download but not change a player’s or team’s totals.

Kahluaz

Hey, Kanga-Kucha, what the hell are you talking about? Could you please refrase your statement … or question … or whatever …

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Curious - who the hell is downloading player/team stats for the CFL … then modifying them and redistributing them? WHO?!? Who would even want to? What is the gain? its a lame reason to distribute data in such a garbage format … Does any other league do this … NO … So why does the CFL? Christ … We have an open source advocate for an owner in Hamiilton … yet we use closed, proprietary, patented software to distribute team stats? How ironic…

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

Well you know your qoute “b]StatiK76[/b] GO BOMBERS!!!” how do you do it?

Ah! Well you see … I have this keyboard thinger in front of me here … And when I’m done typing my message … I hit enter twice … then type

[ b] - S -t - a - t - i -K - 7 - 6 [ /b] then i hit enter …
G - O - - B - O - M - B - E - R -S - ! - ! - ! then i hit enter again.

amazing eh?

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

We are in the process of adding in dynamic html based stats. We agree that we need a more robust delivery of stats info and therefore are developing it, but the PDF will still remain, since some of our fans do like the format.

CFLpm

“some of our fans do like the format?” Hahahahaha - thats total bs… They use them because they are the only source / option available … no one LIKES using PDFs … if they do - they are completely ignorent of the garbage they are supporting … Personally I wish you’d remove them completely … I see no advantage to using them. At least if you stop using them - you can save yourself the coin in having to pay the ridiculous licensing fee.

Thank gawd your at least giving us the option … muchly appreciated!

StatiK76
GO BOMBERS!!!

This one has my vote for Post of the month. LMAO

CFLpm, I must admit I agree 100 % with Statik76. PDF files aren’t a good support for rapidly changing information. It is an acceptable support, for instance, for complicated governemental or banking forms, because they make sure the information will always be presented the same way (which also makes it easier to process once filled). It is unacceptable for dynamic ever-changing infos such as stats.