Crandell

Maybe play-offs heres hpoing we make them.
Crandall did look bad but was that not the Federick days with no-one to pass too and a quick yank in the QB spot.
I think some QB's can get better with age and the Crandall that won the MVP was not the drop back pocket passer that is reading the D much better now.. He kind of use to just roll out and had some good running backs to dump it to. kind of like Grenne today.

Crandall had a big drive that you need to be able to do in the big game.
The 2001 Grey Cup Championship was the 11th time in franchise history that the Stampeders have played for the right to hoist the Grey Cup... the symbolic championship of Canadian Football... quarterback Marcus Crandell passed for 309 yards and two touchdown passes as the Stampeders captured their second Grey Cup title in the past fours seasons with a 27-19 triumph over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the 89th Grey Cup... before the 65,255 at Olympic Stadium, the second largest crowd in Grey Cup history... saw quarterback Marcus Crandell named the game's MVP as he led the team with two touchdown passes in the second quarter... a 68 yard strike to Marc Boerigter and a 9 yard dump to Travis Moore as the Stampeders built up a 17-4 half-time lead... the Eastern Division Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers would try to come back... scoring fast in the third quarter... to close the gap to 17-11... but Stampeder defensive back Aldi Henry who was born and raised in Montreal... blocked a fourth quarter Bob Cameron punt that saw Stampeder linebacker Willie Fells return it 11 yards for the touchdown... to seal the victory... final score... 27- 19 in favour of the Stampeders...

To be honest with you the receivers that were on the team that year were very good and made Crandell look good. He had Nik Lewis last year and ya he did get over 1000 yards and yes Crandell just might be able to win a few games for your team. How ever he does have problems stringing wins together. The bombers twice was good for Crandell and may give him the confidence to continue to do well. But he really sucks against Edmonton and does well against BC . Good luck!

Crandell also has trouble with the little swing passes to the flats ... you know, I just don't have faith in his ability to win football games. Like I've said before, I'm less scared of the Riders with Crandell starting than with Greene starting. At least Greene can beat you with his feet.

In any case, I'm glad we've got Burris :smiley: (too bad he hurt his hand)

I agree to apoint I am less scared with either of them in the line up. One can't throw down field, one is hot and cold what is the difference.