Craig Dickenson's ineptitude

Harris, Blake, Walker, Moncrief and Maybe Marshall. It’s pre season football all over again.

2 Likes

If Harris is even slightly banged up, I think I’d prefer they sit him this week and get fully healed. Then use this game to put a definitive dagger into determining who is the #2, against a #1 defense. Or maybe they have already determined that, regardless it wouldn’t hurt our #2 QB to get more meaningful reps against a starting defense.

2 Likes

I don’t mind your thinking here. But with Dolegala a healthy scratch, I don’t think that’s the plan, unfortunately. The big man has certainly played better than Fine in limited appearances these past two years. I wonder what the coaches see that we are missing, because there must be a reason they are keeping him out.

1 Like

Harris looked alright, the online is still a problem though, they better get that fixed, or he could soon be injured for a longer period, I think they did pretty good against the peg. Labour Day will be interesting.

2 Likes

Yes the better team won and won late in the 4th when it mattered most in a close game.
Nice though, to see the Riders playing well enough to win or at least keep it close vs a great team for well over 80 percent of the game.
I just hope injuries can be kept to a minimum and tonplayets who we can actually replace with those waiting to be next man up. Not every player on the bench is a Jeffcoat or a Big hill, or Coleros if you get what I mean

2 Likes

I’ve been saying it for years now. Fajardo was only half the problem.
Harris is decent, but somebody needs to lead the team

1 Like

Hopefully after todays game - Dickenson is done

BS board of directors are scared of - Reynolds’s - Oday - Dickenson

Sad sack of losers - loss of fans - loss of season ticket holders , poor performance of team for 4 years

Fan base - time to clean house - make this team proud again

Or at least not get beat up so badly that they can’t finish the season. Mason Fine is one tough cookie. If he survives Dickenson then your next coach will have a Fine second year qb to add to his rotation (by ‘Fine’ I mean ‘solid’).

1 Like

Fine needs more time to develop. Will he rise to top? Don’t know yet, but he will never be productive if we retain a high school coach to call the plays. We need a real HC too. It isn’t enough to have the team believing in each other, if he continues to make dumb decisions. When a team gets out-coached, they lose. We often hear the term all three phases but that doesn’t account for the most important phase: coaching.

1 Like

Sounds like you guys would be crazy not to make a play for OC Buck Pierce. Sooner or later some team is going to make him their head coach. His gameplan against BC was ridiculously effective. Then there’s genius GM Kyle Walters. We haven’t renewed his contract. I think we’re nuts.

Imagine those two guys running your ship.

1 Like

i thought Walters was renewed when O’shea was renewed

Apparently not (none of us have heard anything). I guess he’ll go to the highest bidder in the off season.

nah…they let him go, and their will be unprecedented fan revolt. Not withstanding, its hard to know how much was Walters’ genius, and how much was dumb luck…like grabbing all the Rider “castoffs” like Collaros, Dressler, Jefferson, Demski…sure, these guys had reasons to leave, like Demski “going home” but still, much of the BB success was a case of right place, right time. That doesn’t negate Walters’ efforts at building a team, but it sort of means he can’t walk on water, although he may be a good swimmer at least.

Yup he knows he is next up for a head coach job

Riders need a professional coach

Bring in Scott Molanovich next season

You are insane. I mean thstvin a good way :grin:

Give me Buck Pierce. And Danny Mac as GM.

1 Like

You didn’t mention the names, but our current O-line is 40% SSK castoffs. Jermarcus Hardrick and Pat Neufeld have been pretty valuable for our team, and they’ve had a lot of fun blocking for the likes of Andrew Harris and Brady Oliveira.

1 Like

Sad as that is, they weren’t good enough to play for sask. , or they never wanted to be in sask. To play for the riders. Take your pick.