Craig Dickenson as HC

Most of us, especially outside of Sask, have very little knowledge of CD.

As a HC what do you think his imprint will be?

Is he an intense guy? Laidback?

Will he be pass first? Or run first? Or leave it up to OC?

A gambler?

Aggressive on D?

Even as a STC I’ve never really seen an approach that set him apart other than “steady”.

I live in BC but have you even known steady to be bad?

He is pretty much universally liked by players, staff and media around the league…we shall see if that shifts some as a HC. He is outwardly pretty chill but contains a bit of fire pretty well. My concern is that he may be too nice TBH…i think a HC needs to have some bite, but he is aware of that. I can see him setting that example early in camp because he is very aware.

I believe he will be pretty balanced in his approach. Before landing Powell I assumed he would be a little more pass heavy, but likely not as much so. I do believe he will push to open things up more offensively instead of concentrating on possession management…on average, most fans will like that.

The thing he will do that probably effects the team the most is practice. I think practice will be looser and most certainly the O will face a scout team a pile more. That should drastically improve O, but will hurt D some.

I believe he will be piles more patient with players so they can work through mistakes…which is both good and bad.

Thanks Depop

no…steady is not bad and I don’t think I said it was. I just never got a sense from CD/s approach as STC that may translate into a HC style. I guess I should probably have said that he may be steady in his new role which is not a bad thing at all.

I really hope this team succeeds, because I really enjoy watching/listening to Dickenson being interviewed. He comes across as “salt of the earth” with little to no arrogance.

That’s true, I also like what I’m seeing and hearing with the press, very staight shooter…
I also agree with Depop, in that a HC does need to have some bite otherwise…well it could go south with non self-motivators.

Nothing against Craig at all. He’s pretty chill because he is (or at least was) a pro snowboarder in the off season.

But I suppose that Trestman turned O’Day down?

Yes possibly, it’s not everyone who wants to coach in the fishbowl !

He was contacted?

I don’t think that he was, although I suppose that I could be wrong. Obviously the day that Jones walked, Marc was at the top of my list, yet I heard nothing. So, I was being sarcastic, or maybe you are too?

not at all…was asking. I’d heard there was near 0 interest in him

If that were true it would speak volumes, no?

This may or may not belong in this thread…anyway, I’m very much liking this year’s offence (explosive, well rounded etc) compared to last season’s. For those more in the know…is this a result of a different HC who has given the OC free-reign to open it up? Or is it maturing of some of the receivers? Or is it the QB (he has seemed deadly accurate)? Better blocking by the Off line and RBs?

This may or may not belong in this thread…anyway, I’m very much liking this year’s offence (explosive, well rounded etc) compared to last season’s. For those more in the know…is this a result of a different HC who has given the OC free-reign to open it up? Or is it maturing of some of the receivers? Or is it the QB (he has seemed deadly accurate)? Better blocking by the Off line and RBs?

I’m certainly not in the know but I would say it’s all of the points you have mentioned.

Result of many things really. Many seem to want to put it on one.

• defense not playing as well so the O has to step up more
  • a head coach who was perhaps over the top on possession football
  • way fewer rookies. Look how many new faces were on O last season. Big factor

I’ve always said I’m not a huge Mac fan…still not…but I also expressed that people were making him out to be worse than he is. He needs to work on the red zone o a bit more…abd for the love of god please stop with the empty backfield on short yardage.

Macadodo must have written a few more plays on the other half of his napkin. Play calling and plays way better, last year boring to watch, this season, big difference, Cory may have something to do with that also, Still don’t like Macadodo , but this is a lot better this season. Will have to wait ans see if he fills that other half of his folded napkin. !! LOL

I dont claim to be in the know but I think having Powell in the back field is a major factor. Also having guys like Cory Watson and Arceneaux around to coach up some of the younger receivers certainly helps out.

I dunno. 2017 was a pretty impressive offence with Glenn and Bridge. Top 2 or 3 of everything in the league Stats wise. I think 2018 was Jones limiting Bridge’s play calls to the point of, why is he there if you can’t give him a package to have a hope of succeeding in.