Craig Butler Fined?

CFL.ca Staff
TORONTO – The Canadian Football League announced today that it has fined the following players:

Hamilton Tiger-Cat defensive back Craig Butler for a dangerous and illegal hit in which he made primary contact with his opponent’s helmet during last Friday night’s game against the Toronto Argonauts. As per league policy, the amounts of the player fines were not disclosed.

Okay once again the League Officials Head Glen Johnson has screwed up just like the CFL officials this year, they fine Craig Butler for a hit that No one remembers, yet allows an Argo defender Shea Emry to take an illegal hit on Zach Collaros after the official threw a flag and ruled that Emry was offside on the play he still takes a full hit against Collaro's.

The BS Refereeing in this league has to stop, how can one player be fined when another is not and even for a worse hit? Collaros has already been knocked out of seven games this year due to a concussion. I want to know How much of a bribe Glen Johnson accepted to make the call fore a fine against Butler but not fine Emry for a Dirty cheap shot on our QB???

I was scratching my head when I saw this announcementabout Craig too because I don't t remember any hit or even a comment about a bad hit by Butler. :? :frowning:

As for Emry - if they can call two penalties in the same play on a Ticats defender there is no reason that they couldn't call him for the late hit and the offside. But then he IS a member of the "Blew" team. :roll:

No recollection of a bad hit either. I just watched the four plays that Butler is listed as the tackler, and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Must have been the secondary tackler on the play in question, or maybe it was on someone other than the ball carrier.

Definitely a puzzler.

What about the vicious hit on Tasker ?? :x

More bush league fines from a staff that could not arrange a two car parade. As far as Shay Emery, I put him in the same class as that pant load Adriano Bellie , cheap shot artist. The hit on Collaros was missed and the most dangerous hit was after Tasker was down the Arblows safety rolled him while he was already down on the play. Defenceless receiver.

I don’t remember who he hit, but during the game I remember thinking to myself that he might get fined for it. If it’s the play I’m thinking of, it was one of those hits where the defender is coming in reasonably low, but first contact still happens helmet to helmet. I didn’t think it was exceptionally cheap, but the league has been pretty consistent on calling DBs out for that type of hit.

As for Emry - if they can call two penalties in the same play on a Ticats defender there is no reason that they couldn't call him for the late hit and the offside. But then he IS a member of the "Blew" team. :roll:
They did call Emry for both offside and the late hit, but the late hit penalty was negated because Figueroa was flagged for retaliating. What bugs me more than anything is that the league likes to talk Emry up even though he has a long record as a cheap-shot artist.

And as has been noted, what made Emry’s play even more deserving of sanction is that it happened outside the whistles. Seems to be a specialty of his, if anyone recalls his infamous “punch to the junk” while walking back to the huddle vs Sask a few years ago.

I remember the Figgs retaliation and figured it was a 'good' penalty....mess with my QB mess with me... The question is if Butler's vague hit was finable what about this. Not only flagged and fined, he should have been ejected.

No Shit all i can say is wow refs this year suck like a sewage pump on full speed on Woodward Ave

THANK YOU
I was going to add this.
Head shot to a downed receiver resulting in injury.
HELL YEAH that should have been a penalty and fine!!

I have said it before and I will say it again - THERE IS NO INTEGRITY IN CFL OFFICIATING FROM THE TOP DOWN!!!