Country all-stars unite for Twisted Tea Grey Cup Halftime Show

TORONTO — A trio of country music’s shining stars will unite for a one-time-only collaboration for this year’s Twisted Tea Grey Cup Halftime Show. The Canadian Football League will welcome Jordan Davis, Tyler Hubbard of Florida Georgia Line, and Canada’s own Josh Ross to the stage at the 109th Grey Cup from Saskatchewan’s Mosaic Stadium on Sunday, November 20. The championship contest and the halftime spectacular will be broadcast live on TSN and RDS – Canada’s home of the CFL.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/11/04/country-all-stars-unite-for-twisted-tea-grey-cup-halftime-show/
1 Like

Kind of jumping the gun. They had a good 16 days left. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

At first glance, I thought some country act named Twisted Tea was going to be the halftime performer.

2 Likes

I guess nobody in the hallowed halls of CFL head office in Toronto knew that incredible CANADIAN band Blue Rodeo is on tour and in the area at Grey Cup time.

1 Like

Thank god they did not go back to Justin Bieber… It was a legit worry with the CFL known for NOT having their finger on the pulse of the fans

3 Likes

Country. Pass.

8 Likes

Did Glen Suitor have a say in this. My god. Enough with the Country acts!

Let’s just hope they keep the play by play booth interview to less than 5 minutes and not have the call of THE GAME disrupted too badly by these pointless interactions.

The whole Keith Urban interview thing still haunts me. It’s hardly the time to teach someone the CFL game. Do that before the game!

2 Likes

Which finger does this act receive? Hang ten or somewhere in between?

2 Likes

Depends if you like country …but if you quote someone you forgot the word …not… I said not having their finger on the pulse…and in the context of the nightmare of Justin Bieber… Many people do like country…it ain’t no niche market

1 Like

Many don’t. That’s right, right?

1 Like

I’ll be hitting snooze for this one as well.

My girl left me, my car won’t start and my dog done died.

2 Likes

That guy from the Arkells last year in the booth was no better.

2 Likes

Was that before or after you got a barbecue stain on yer white t-shirt ?

1 Like

That only happened because some varmints ran through the hoe down.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yup agree with you there. I prefer rock myself
This could be too thst Sask has a Craven country music festival every year that sells out … It used to be rock music festival but had lousy fan turn out … Went belly up then they switched to Country… To sell out crowds every year.

You forgot we done run outta rye

1 Like

Most of the folks at Craven don’t remember what they listened to when the fest is done

3 Likes

I knew one guy that needed 3 days off work to get rid of his hang over

2 Likes
7 Likes