Council of Geezers

What amazes me is that companies like McDonalds have made millions and millions of dollars on the backs of these kids! Including my grandson. What do they know and do that the rest of us could learn and use!:blush:

1 Like

I'll give you another one that's hard to believe . Where I live there is a Stationary and Post Office store just up the street . Across from the store is the Village Restaurant with a giant standard clock just above the doorway outside . The store has a huge bay window facing that clock . Well one day when I was there a young girl that was probably 9 or 10 yrs of age came in and asked if anybody could tell her the time . Me and another customer both pointed out the fact that there was a huge clock across the street and all she had to do was look out the window to see it . She took a look and said but I don't know how to read that clock because it isn't digital . :clock4: This was the time by the way that she couldn't figure out . :roll_eyes:

Here is the view of the clock from across the street that she couldn't read .

1 Like

Yeah, when we sent cards or notes to my grand-daughter, we had to print them, because she doesn’t know how to read “cursive “. Now, of course, we have to “text”. Interesting times, indeed.

Well that post aged terribly. Guy got fired 7 months later, did you jinx it? :sweat_smile:

Our G-7 world leaders showing how it's done! :clown_face:

Setting a fantastic example to the world. :roll_eyes:

No distancing, no masks, :mask:

1 Like

Typical elitist politicians.

Do as we say, not as we do.

That’s an excellent example and akin to one I share often with those who feel our automated woke world is infallible, which of course we saw the pandemic render false though many of us knew better.

I also point out to folks to consider who would handle an emergency better on the ground, when making their choices on whom to back for public office, as opposed to selecting merely the person whom they think would do better on a stage delivering a few jokes or speeches.

But the sheeple often fall for the latter “personality” and “compassion” and the like and later want to cry for help after making bad decisions when, not if, the crap hits the fan. But that’s another thread and forum.

Ottawa allows you on the field after the games and you do get a chance to see the players up close and say hello or good game. I didn’t think much of it at first but there it creates a community feeling - - or more of a stake in the team.

2 Likes

The Argos were doing the same at SkyDome during the Cynnamon & Sokolowski ownership years

Hahaha…true. But he had a loooooong TV life and did provide a comfort to hockey fans.

Well, I guess we Geezers, actual or starter, won one.

That just-in-time inventory strategy all those business school whipper-snappers have been singing about for years sure did not play out so well. Heh.

Remind those types early and often when they come up with their next bright idea as opposed to simply having a few critical spare parts on those shelves and contingency supply and planning.

For those who have been in tactical environments not necessarily only the military, we know the concept of having no single point of failure in any given system.

It's not a new concept to modernity and has always worked, but oh so many have brighter systems like "just-in-time" inventory eh?

Amidst all the fuss and advances in these years, if you can't go to the game in person with decent seats and fans around you, I'm set with a drink and my remote in front of a big-screen TV.

Now that this storm has passed or is passing, I hope they don't mess that one up too.

sometimes I have no idea what you are talking about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah no worries - it’s just random ramblings about tried-and-true old approaches versus all this “new-and-improved” modernity that is thrown at us as magically better without evidence.

My past experience is in factories and in government circles, and others in those might relate to the comments, but the concepts apply across the board down to stocking up on toilet paper or buying 2 or more of whatever you need now given that the supply chain is fragile.

the mud is thinner now.

I myself do not panic about having enough, but also never like to be out

When I hitchhiked across Canada in the middle of a nice warm summer, I always carried my winter jacket, just in case

1 Like

Welcome back everybody.

where were we?

Everybody has a different answer, but it’s all life. It’s great to see some of the old faces back here too now.

Hello again ...just because...post away you geezers

Look out got the Lions this year. You’ve been warned. lol