Could we go undefeated at home again?

I say yes. It's not fun for teams to play here.:wink:

1 Like

With an injured #1 and #2 QB... that's a real long shot.

2 Likes

Anything can happen in the CFL. We could go 7 and 7 and still win every playoff game and the Cup.
Our O-line could easily be the worst in the league. Dane and Jeremiah could both get beat up every game. We could set a league record for sacks allowed in just 14 games. And our leading rusher could end the year with less than 300 yards. But we could still win the Cup because this is the CFL.
Among my small circle of friends and TiCat fans, I'm the glass-half-empty guy. But this is how I feel.

And I'm the glass-half-empty guy because I drink too much, too fast. But I'm sober now.

2 Likes

I feel like there's a lot of meaning packed into those words.

1 Like

If Condell would let STE run more, he wouldn't have less than 300 yards at the end of the year. Let the Oline run block.

5 Likes

Everything you said was right except for the part about winning the Cup. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Might as well try cause they certainly can't pass block.

1 Like

Nope. Not unless EVERY home game gets cancelled due to Covid AND it's the other teams' fault. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looks like Masoli will be ok to play, likely won't be a update on Evans till a mri happens

2 Likes

I hope the MRI reveals something fixable for this season. By the expression on his face it looked bad.

But sometimes it isn't.

The most amazing 'next game comebacks' from an apparently devastating injury seem to involve nerve pinches or burners. The poor guy gets carted off on a gurney totally immobilized and SOMETIMES returns the following week none the worse for wear. At least Evans was able to get off the field under his own power.

Maybe he'll get lucky here. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Yeah sometimes less serious injuries can hurt alot , Evans was walking under his own power during game after resting and post game since i seen two photos with a fan posted on fb . Fingers crossed its something like a hip pointer or hip flexor sprain.

1 Like

I'd be surprised if we beat a team not from Ottawa if the protection isn't fixed.

1 Like

That sounds like a soccer game situation . Hopefully Dane's tears were out of frustration and not deep pain . There's a lady here at the home who prays novenas . I'll get her on Dane's case pronto .
Of course , we had a major flood a couple of weeks ago at the old persons' place , so maybe novenas don't always work . Just sayin' .

Pat Lynch (just got our wifi back 3 weeks later)

Cool. I was wondering what happened to you for the last few weeks?

2 Likes

Sounds like a number 1 will be back next game

1 Like

I hope so.

#1 isn't playing next week. Masoli is.

1 Like

Simple answer to the question really...If the Stamps play like they did in Edmonton and we play like we did in Toronto ? Well....

Honestly am thinking that the home undefeated streak ends this Friday .

1 Like

Can't you ever give it up. We all know your opinion and it's gone way beyond boring.

3 Likes

The Stamps didn't play very well. They just ran into an Elks team that played as poorly as they did all season except for Labour Day. But if we play them as badly as we did Toronto we still might lose.

1 Like