Could Cats sign Murphy???

Rob Murphy the big Offensive Lineman with the Lions is looking for another team to sign him to a contract of $150,000.00 per year, would the Cats have enough room in their salary budget or be interested?

See story below:

According to News1130 radio in Vancouver, the B.C. Lions have given offensive lineman Rob Murphy permission to talk to other teams, including the Toronto Argonauts.

Murphy, who was named the league's Most Outstanding Lineman last season, has been unable to work out a deal with Lions general manager Wally Buono. Murphy is reportedly looking for a contract in the range of $150,000 per campaign, about twice as much as he made last season.

"I'm set on a figure and the Lions are kind of set on another figure," Murphy told the Vancouver Sun. "I totally understand Wally's viewpoint. He can only do so much. He can't be too flexible, but neither can I."

According to the Vancouver Province, quarterback Dave Dickenson is willing to adjust his contract to enable the Lions to re-sign the big pass blocker.

"I called Rob and told him, 'Don't do anything crazy,' because I want him back bad," Dickenson told the Province Monday. "I want security with my left tackle. We've been working too hard to find it and now we've got it. Let's get this thing done."

I read an article recently on CFL.ca which stated that the Cats, Argos and Bombers aren't interested in trading for Murphy, but Montreal might be.

We don't need Murphy because we have a lot of great talent on the O-Line already. In fact, as some fans on this website have already stated, some big names may be cut from the Ticat O-Line this year, with all of the young guns coming in, trying to beat vets out.

Too much to sign a guy to a $150,000/year contract, and give up a ransom of players to get him.
Would be nice to have him, but I say pass.

We don't need Murphy because we have a lot of great talent on the O-Line already. In fact, as some fans on this website have already stated, some big names may be cut from the Ticat O-Line this year, with all of the young guns coming in, trying to beat vets out.
I think so too...and thats why I feel the Smith trade made sense.