Cotton shouldn't be playing with that great big oven mitt on

You like to see courage from players, for sure, but did you see Cotton last week? He was playing with a heavily taped cast. It cost them a sack. Cotton is a great player, but it might be better to start someone healthy.

Would the replacement have gotten into the position of making that missed sack in the first place? Maybe 0-3 and desparate for leadership and a win factored into that decision.

Nothing wrong with that, i remember Philbrick playing with the cast for weeks.

He'll get used to it and will continue to help with the run... we'll need it this week against Calgary's running game.

The replacement would be Anthony Collier. He had a fair amount of sacks last year...more than Cotton if I remember right (though it's better than it looks because he got really hot one game against B.C.'s O-line, that shouldn't count). But when Cotton is healthy, by all means, let him play.

that was exactly the first thing i thought of when i read the first post…

Do I hear an echo in here? I'm sure I said that last week... lol

How do you figure? The only one I saw him miss wouldn't have happened anyway - he was reaching out with his good hand and had the jersey by the fingers; there was no way he could have brought the other hand around.

I'll take Cotton with a ham on his fist over someone unproven any day.

Timmy is Hurting Too..
So We have Play James...

[quote="Crash"]Nothing wrong with that, i remember Philbrick playing with the cast for weeks.

But Philbrick played inside and basically used it like a sledgehammer. It was the best year he ever had. Montford had to credit half his sacks to the chaos Philbrick caused.

I think it's a bad idea for an end to be playing with a cast. But, it's not like any of the other DE we have kicking around have shown much.

I wonder how the great DE Andy Petek would have played with a glove-like device on his left hand? Would it have made him feel "unballanced" as he would wear only ONE glove-like device? :o

I wonder how the great DE Andy Petek would have played with a glove-like device on his left hand? Would it have made him feel "unballanced" as he would wear only ONE glove-like device?
I wonder. I thought back to some of the greats and wondered the same thing.

Brett "The Toaster" Williams
Mike Campbell
Dave "Dr. Death" Fennell
Rod Skillman

Can you imagine the carnage these guys would have left behind had they been wielding a club. It would have been like the Chainsaw Bruce Campbell attatched to his stump in the Evil Dead series.

play collier till hes better, anthony is wicked

What about Angelo "King Kong" Moaca with a club?

THAT would be carnage...

What about Angelo "King Kong" Moaca with a club?

THAT would be carnage...

When Angelo wrestled he used to put a hold a football helmet from the inside top padding and pummel his opponents with it. It was carnage.

I reminded Mr. Mosca of this fact at Grey Cup one year. He smiled, put me in a headlock and turned the both of us away from the group we were standing in. "We don't talk about that anymore".