Cortez, New TC head coach

I'm glad it is done now lets build a Grey Cup Champion!

This.

I am extremely pleased about this hire! Hopefully George has a staff in mind -- if the defence can get fixed, it's going to be a big year in Tigertown!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Drew explains, although doesn't mention Womack:

[i]Cortez's director of football operations title gives control over roster decisions - who comes on and off the 53-man roster – but general manager Bob O'Billovich retains day-to-day control over player personnel (recruiting players, negotiating contracts, running free agent camps.) Scouts still report to Obie. Cortez and Obie have a long history - including working together in Calgary - and Cortez will be heavily involved in player personnel.[/i]
[url]http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2012/01/ill-have-more-tomorrow-and-in-the-paper-on-monday-but-here-are-some-of-the-details-surrounding-new-ticat-head-coach-george.html[/url]

I love the last paragraph (esp. the last sentence) of this article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/bills-quarterbacks-coach-george-cortez-leaves-for-the-cfl/

[i]Cortez has spent most of his coaching career in Canada. With the Tiger-Cats he will replace Marcel Bellefeuille, which I mention mostly because I think “Marcel Bellefeuille? sounds like the perfect name for a Canadian Football League coach.[/i]

Great hire! Hope he didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Otherwise, Cortez is welcomed aboard!

Dear Caretaker:

As posted by me yesterday on another thread:

"papazoola: There is one other possible explanation.
Maybe they are trying to find a way to give George Cortez as much control as he apparently wants.
I have not seen any outright rejection of a deal or of the idea of leaving the NFL by George Cortez."

OK...so it was a lucky guess despite the smokescreens by Obie and Scott Mitchell in recent days. :lol:
But surely it should be good for a Hamilton Tiger-Cat hot dog the next time I am at IWS? :wink:

Regardless...thanks a million Caretaker. I think George Cortez is an excellent choice and I believe he will give this team the stability and on-field respectability we so badly need.

Oski Wee Wee!!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup:

I just hope he's not Frank Kush redux....

That's really the only sucky thing about this whole thing... :stuck_out_tongue:

evil: yeah but I think George Cortez has the clout and know-how to attract some pretty good talent here.

Just when I was about to give up on this one!!?????

WOW!!!!!!!

GREAT HIRE!!!!

Very exciting to have George Cortez coming to Hamilton....

Very Intriguing to find out who will be the DC and OC to come with him.....

Looking forward to exciting times in the Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Bob Young want to win the national championship trophy Grey Cup of Canada or ------

WHAT! :o :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

was the news worth the wait ticat fans?

after complaining that the cats were taking their sweet time to pick a coach, i think it is now obvious they had their sights on cortez all along and were just waiting out the NFL reg. season to dot the I's and cross the T's.

Oh yea, dg, news was worth the wait.

How is London doing with their CFL Grey Cup aspirations? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, I'm a flip flopper, but guess what? Hamilton can win the Grey Cup and London .........

CAN'T :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not too hot. if only the mayor would listen to me and build a football stadium where the baseball field is now. then we can start chasing the dream.

Nice and agree :thup: London deserves what Hamilton will have shortly with the new IWS.

Awesome signing indeed...did the happy dance in my nurse's station this afternoon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now to get Greg Marshall back here as DC.

How awesome would that be? :smiley:

Great news,
George has been waiting a long time for his turn at H/C, he has paid his dues many times over.
He knows our league inside out.
He is tremendously respected around the CFL and NFL.
He will have no trouble finding people to work under him as coordinates.
It truly is his time.
This team just got alot stronger again!

Now that would be massively awesome. However I suspect that Cortez is going to want to pick his own coaching staff, so we will have to see.

I'm going to hold off on the optimism and wait to see the results, and by results I mean a trip to the Grey Cup... :slight_smile:

Perry Lefko says

Maybe Barresi will surface in some capacity in Hamilton.

Don't be surprised if Mike Roach, with whom Cortez has worked with previously, becomes the new defensive co-ordinator. He has a ton of experience.

I generally don't agree with anything this guy says but if it's true, couldn't we hire someone a little younger or someone who is currently in the league?