Cortez is the O.C.

For sake of accuracy Dunigan had John Jenkiins as his OC in his stint in Calgary, at least for the first 9-10 games… However he did fire Jenkins later in the year and then Dunigan took on both jobs.

Yes, Mr. Cortez won’t be burning the midnight oil all by himself.

He will be grooming one of those assistant to be our O.C.

If George said that he might only be our OC for the first year,

probably he is fairly sure one of those assistants can take over.

Hufnagel groomed Dave Dickenson after Mr. Cortez left Calgary.

Trestman eased in Scott Milanovich that way in Montreal, too.

Actually both of those teams somewhat declined since those moves. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence and other factors were involved.

What do you think these forums are for, Catattack? Obviously they are to give us poor old misled fans a chance
to air and rationally discuss our opinions. My submission wasn’t even an opinion but simply a precautionary thought.

Like you, I want the very best for our team, but I have learned not to fly off the handle when someone posts a
theory I disagree with, remembering that like you and I, this person is entitled to his thoughts or opinions.

The Ti-cat’s fans and forum doesn’t need to be singled out. I occasionally check out the other CFL and NFL teams forums and it’s the EXACT same stuff going on. People calling for the firing of a coach, the QB stinks, the OC stinks, the owner and GM stink. We’re the same as all the other fans in the world. Passionate and highly critical. 8)

I’m surprised it took him that long to fire Jenkins. After all, it was Jenkins’ 6-receiver offense that caused Dunnigan to be nearly killed on the field and end his career…

Folks, I respect everyones opinion. :thup:
However, the one main thing within the ticat forums is the continually over-observation and pessimistic views, they may start rationally most times but then typically head south…IMO.
I have no issue in reasonable conversation but the forum in recent times is somewhat unbareable, I used to come to the forums almost daily, now 2 to 3 times a month if I’m lucky.
The main reason (IMO) is because this place is loaded with what I call "same 'ol, same 'ol. What is that? It’s the same 10 -15 people discussing things to the 9th degree and the majority is all he said / she said.

You give me credible info, rationale thought or surmising and good conversation with lots of different opinion, then count me in.
Otherwise, count me out as the “same 'ol, same 'ol” group isn’t what I’d want to be burning time with.
…just say’n!

:cowboy:

Yup, Trestman calls the plays, sure his OC has input but not full rein.

Desperate times call for desperate measures ! Argos wanted Cortez as there head coach a couple years ago. Mollanovich will have a huge learning curve that might take a few years !