Cornhole tailgating

There should be a cornhole tournament featuring nine participants from the CFL. Each team should wear a football jersey that represents their city in the CFL.

Cornhole tournaments are a good visual sport to watch on ESPN.

Thought this was a stupid joke until I did a google search! There actually is something called the Cornhole tournament on ESPN! Looks like a bean bag toss type of competition.

1 Like

So funny I don’t know how to respond.

You could use football rules with the scoring 7pts for going in the hole. 3pts for lying next to the hole.

Each matchup consists of 8 innings of play (2 innings per quarter). You would end up with realistic final football scores.

Incorporate lawn darts and I’m there.

Do both! I think they stopped selling lawn dart games because of the lawsuits.

Best backyard game ever.
Stupid safety jerks. Toys used to good.

If they still make lawn darts I say modify the rules to get realistic football final scores.

Lawn darts are now tiny pink flower plastic things that no self- respecting person other than a five year old girl would use. Then there’s the beachball conundrum
which I don’t want to get into.
I bet you throw good parties.

I have a football throw game (regular football you throw thru a suspended automobile tire).

The first player throws and each time the ball goes thru the hole, the line of scrimmage moves 15 yards down the field.

When it's 4th down (or 3rd down if you play Canadian) you announce a field goal, punt, or try for the first down. If you go for it and miss the target, your line of scrimmage goes backward on 4th down.

There are 16 throws per quarter. 64 throws per game. Touchdowns (assumed good extra point) is worth 7 pts. The scored upon player gets the ball at his own 30 yardline.

Fieldgoals (depending on the distance to the goalline) are either 3 throws in a row, 2, or 1.

You end up with realistic scores like 28-17, etc.

Will there be beer?

There's usually two lanes to choose from. One for the football throw and the other for kicking an extra point/fieldgoal using a nerf/sponge department store football for the same game. Goal post is a PVC pipe setup painted neon yellow.

Most chicks like to play this game too and that's without beer.

With all of the ball throwing, retrieving, kicking and walking you end up burning a lot of calories.

1 Like

This is another example of why football is the greatest sport in the history of
Mankind.

1 Like

You could have a small (and I mean very small) plastic swimming pool underneath the tire. Any ball that settles in the kiddie pool is an interception. Other player takes over possession. For stupid people I need to say the pool is NOT filled with water because that would ruin the ball.

I should patent this game and get it on ESPN.

Missed fieldgoals (Canadian rules) would be worth 1 pt rouge.

Punts are simply announced verbally and the ball is moved a net 40 yards forward with the other player taking possession of the ball.

There is no active defense in this game.

And yes it would be mandatory to have both players wearing a CFL jersey. I would wear the 'delta' throwback Alouettes jersey in blue.

1 Like

I thought you were going to say in the history of beer drinking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, lines between perception and reality can get blurred......tomato tomahto
and so on.
But, yeah...your presumption was reasonable. And that’s
The dumbest thing I’ve said in the history of this six-pack.

And the ot format with the football throw/fieldgoal kicking game will mimic the NCAA format but there is no limit to the number of ots.

Each player has a shot at each other's 30 yard line to score either a touchdown or a fieldgoal.

People in my town are setting up a cornhole league. It was announced on a local facebook group an hour ago. It... actually seems a popular idea...

Football rules (7pts -- TD and extrapoint/3pts -- fieldgoal) or cornhole rules?

[quote="EZ_Football, post:6, topic:71646"]

Do both! I think they stopped selling lawn dart games because of the lawsuits.

[/quote

The people that stood by the target for lawn darts kinda deserved it lol does anyone stand next to an actual dart board instead of behind the person throwing?!