Corner Gas running out of gas?

feels like Dog River around here these days with

not a lot goin on.....

1 Like

"I'm in my happy place"

Brent and the gang always managed to find something to do.

In 'I Love Lacey' everyone went to the Grey Cup. That episode must've sent a shiver down your spine when all eight regular cast members somehow managed to...

(I won't spoil it in case someone here hasn't seen that one yet).

Considering that the Grey Cup was in Saskie in November it must have been unbelievably great weather that day considering the way that everybody was dressed for the game . :laughing:

1 Like

I loved the table top hockey episode with reference of the '72 Summit Series.

It's a shame Butt couldn't continue on with his animated Corner Gas series. CTV didn't renew it because of ratings. I think it was money. the actors probably wanted more money. "Corner Gas" the animated series could be big in Canada as "the Simpsons" are. Missed opportunity

I like CG but I didnt have any interest in the cartoon. I do not like prime time animated shows. I like to see real actors.

1 Like

Brent Butt had to go animated once Janet Wright(Emma) died. It would've looked odd replacing the late Janet Wright with another actress in a live action series

1 Like

So true . She was a wonderful actress and impossible to replace as she played that role to perfection . Also it would have been extremely awkward and difficult to write her character out of the script and show and hope to carry on successfully .

2 Likes

She was great as Mark Walhberg's mother in "Perfect Storm". Every time I watch that movie, I hope every time that the crew gets through the disaster

1 Like

I've never seen that movie . Now I've got a reason to watch it .

1 Like

Just as a side note on Janet Wright she had a lot of tragedy in her personal life .

She lost her younger sister Susan and both parents in a tragic house fire in Stratford in 1991 .
If that wasn't enough she also lost her daughter Rachel at the tender age of 23 in 2004 when she was brutally shot and murdered while trying to intervene to save a stranger in a bar dispute in Vancouver .

1 Like

That is sad to hear. I never knew of that.

RIP Janet Wright

2 Likes

The old twist hockey game episode and 72 series was classic Canadian TV .

I wish I never sold my old games to Play it again sports with my hockey equipment .

2 Likes