Corey Mace update

He is still exploring NFL opportunities because if I remember correftlhy he’s only one season away from a guaranteed NFL pension. I can;t blame him for that. Nor can I blame him for fully exhausting his NFL opportunities. That’s where the money is.

I dont know how anyone could fault a guy who could be one contract away from 4x the money and a pension that would last a life time. If I was in his shoes I would wait until the last minute has run out before I moved on from those potentials. Its not like his CFL contract is gonna disappear on him.

It’s not “I am better than the CFL” its " If within the next 4 months I could possible receive 4x the money and a NFL pension for the rest of my life" why wouldn’t you do that? Come on! This is a tough decision.

he could also just be waiting to sign after training camp. it's the oldest trick in the book

Do we Really want a guy who don’t want to fight for a Job That would make me Question his Heart.
Am sure Teammates would question as Well. To me if you don’t fight for Job I don’t want you.
Cause thats mean you’ll quit on us …

Now if Obie told him Sit tight and wait that is fine…
But if it is so He don’t go threw 2 days and Camp that a Coward… Who will quit on you.
I want guy will fight for every inch of Field
I want guy who will Claw your eyes out to get that one yard more.
That is a Ticat that is how we play…

Maybe he doesn't want to pay for parking at training camp.

I agree with you fully on this, with one exception. I don’t think it’s really a tough decision, it’s easy… he should stay in the US and try as long as he thinks he has a chance to cash in the big paycheque. If it works out, he’s set. If not, he can always come to the CFL. Management will not think he’s a coward, or has a bad attitude, or thinks he’s bigger than the CFL. They’ll think he’s a good player who worked hard to better his position.

LOL :smiley:

I don’t question his heart for not wanting to come and fight for a spot, Tom. I applaud his smarts. I’ve always said that the “shelf-life” of a football player is often so short that anyone would have to be a fool NOT to try to make as much $$ as possible by playing in the NFL. If someone is offering you 4X the money you could possibly make (or even more) and you don’t exhaust every opportunity to grab for that, you’re crazy.

I hope he makes it. If he doesn’t want to play here, I don’t really care at this point. The deal is behind us and if nothing comes from it, there is nothing to be done at this point so we might as well move on and get over it. I’m more interested in what the guys we have here now can do and less interested in what a guy who may at some point join the team if his NFL options don’t pan out can add to the team. Same goes for Giguerre.

Another Ron Williams…oh no!!!
Let me check the record books.
Single season all time Cats rushing TD leader…Ron Williams
2nd…Ron Williams
3rd…Ron Williams
All time rushing TDs…Ron Williams
40 over a 3 year span
3 time All Star
He played 3 full seasons and was traded in his 4th.

Yeah I will put up with a little attitude for production like that!!!

Ron Williams was also a Locker Room Cancer
He was IMO Main Reason The 2000 Tigercats where Did Not Return to Grey Cup in 2000..
He was disruptive in the locker Room and Ticats Cut him
We then Found a Player who IMO was one Greatest finds in Ticats Free Agent History ..
Troy Davis who was always a Team 1st the kind Guy
we want Players Like a Troy Davis in Hamilton.

Good luck to Mr Mace in the NFL. May he live long and prosper.

We need to get this kid signed before TC if he's going to gel with the other players and learn the systems/coaches.

Onknight, your last 2 posts on this thread have been nothing more than idiotic. I'm sure it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to call a 300-lb DL a "coward", and an all-star RB a "cancer" from the safety of your keyboard. You know what - GET OVER IT - YOU DO NOT RUN THE TEAM!!!

I certainly hope, your sake and the ones you love, that you are not this miserable all the time. If so, get some help.

I used to like your posts and insight, now I'm fed up with your constant whining. I am now going to take zenstate's advice - welcome to my "foe" list.

You know something cossack? You may have something there! :wink:

I’m sure he does have a car to drive…unlike those that complain about the parking but don’t have a car to drive and only use public transit. :roll:

That fine with me … Cause I am going speak my Mind it a Free Country
I am Season ticket holder I have Right to a Bitch
You have right to Not listen…

The problem I have with your rants in the thread is that you are completely assuming that he thinks he’s ‘bigger than the CFL’ or that ‘he doesn’t want to fight for a job’. I havent heard anything to that in the media and additionally I think his determination to fight until the end to make it on an NFL roster should maybe be an indicate of his passion and fight to earn a roster spot.

It dosen't matter if Mace shows up before camp, after camp or in September. He would have to earn his stripes and learn the CFL game. Looks like he will show up at some point but he's been close, he's even dressed for a couple games so it makes sense that he wants to try as hard as he can to stay in the NFL.

Maybe he figures when he comes to CFL he dosen't want to look back, could workout for the Ticats who may be able to sign him for better then a 1+1. Otherwise the guy would be free to go back next off season. I don't think Mace changes the fortunes of the Ticats overnight or onknight :slight_smile:

Very Valid Point… :thup:

Maybe hes sitting alone in a bar depressed. :cry: :cry:

Personally....if we get him signed and he plays...great. But if we don't...oh well.....it was worth a shot. However, no sense fretting over any of it. Let's move on and perhaps we'll find someone else just as good or maybe better.