Corey Holmes

Any news on him? I haven't heard anything about him, and I wondered what the ruumor mill is spitting out. Any chance of seeing him in Green and White under a renegotiation? Camp is quickly approaching.....

On a somewhat related question, does anyone know if Josh Ranek is still under contract with us?

Holmes, I've heard nothing about...Ranek, I don't believe is under contract with us now, but I could be wrong...

The CFL website lists Josh as a free agent...not that that means much. But Riderville does not list him either...
I doubt Cory will be back, but stranger things have happened. Usually, when a team releases a player, saying, "the door is still open", that is just political correctness or PR. If the Riders seriously wanted him back at a lower payrate, then you make that offer before you release him. As much as I like and respect both these guys, our starter (Cates) will be 29 this year. We don't need two 30-somethings to back him up....

No, I agree. Although I'd take Ranek over Holmes. I don't mind the thought of a Cates/Griffin combo. Maybe find some kid to groom on the PR.

You can add Jamal Robertson to that mix. Another guy that bounced around the Nfl for a while. It is still Cates' job to lose IMO, Griffin and Robertson are going to battle for back-up unless they really impress in camp. Robertson might also be trying for returner as well. Personally I would like to see Vincent Marshall but with Quinton Jones and now Jamal Robertson, who knows what will happen.

I suspect Griffin and Robertson were brought in more the kick returning then for running back abilities. Neither have great stats as a running back. But they will test cates to keep him sharp and to see if the foot healed properly.

wow…this post - given the timing wasn’t profetic considering the timing of Robertson’s signing. With Cates in the picture, I guess that is a pretty clear message to Holmes. It’s unfortunate to leave the league like that (I assume of course), but this is a common tale I suppose. Building on Speed_Kills comments, it was Holmes job to earn. Age uck…lol.

He said he would like to coach, I wonder if he will surface in that capacity?

Age does s.uck…especially for RBs.
Jamal Robertson is vastly younger–a solid 2 months–than Corey…oh well.

Als are offering Corey a contract...

[url=http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=d6d0becb-cfbf-41da-abdc-06e89f446816&k=50640]http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/ ... 16&k=50640[/url]

I had a dream we offered him a contract last night now this..... grrrrrrr. Hmmm this is odd its unlike Corey's character to just disapear, guess its better to keep a low profile then to be getting into trouble

Well, he was due to make $165k here....that was way out of whack. The right decision was made.

I wish they would give him another offer. Substantially less of course...

At this point, you're better off spending $50K on a 23 year old with some upside.