Corey Grant

While quite a few posters in this section called for Grants head on a platter along with French..I really think he has stepped up his game.. unlike French...WTG Corey keep up the good work :rockin:

Grant stepped up. But was it me or I didn't see the ball heading much towards Matt Dominguez? Armstead was quiet for the last two weeks with Butler at the shotgun and Dominguez was on fire. Now with Joseph back, the ball was heading in Armstead's direction much more. I know they were former teammates, but as great as Matt is, shouldn't his number be called more often. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed like Matt only had one reception. But I guess as long as the Riders win, that's all that matters. One last thing I was hoping to see was Butler play the fourth since he earned it from the past couple of weeks.

I think Dominguez just had the one catch. Kudos to Cory Grant for playing a hell of a game. I hate to jinx it here but I think the Riders have never lost in the black uni’s.

The important thing is that the Riders won but Triple H nailed it right on the head when he said Armstead is getting way too much attention from Joseph. The defenders see the play in advance because he still tries in double and triple coverage. Dominguez reels in three touchdowns in two games with Butler because any film the defences have watched have 10 - 15 balls per game going Armsteads way. I'm not an Armstead hater but it discourages me to see a game breaker like Matt only getting one touch like that. I hope that Dominguez will bust out this weekend in Winnipeg instead of racing up and down the sidelines like a decoy.

The important thing is that the Riders won but Triple H nailed it right on the head when he said Armstead is getting way too much attention from Joseph. The defenders see the play in advance because he still tries in double and triple coverage. Dominguez reels in three touchdowns in two games with Butler because any film the defences have watched have 10 - 15 balls per game going Armsteads way. I'm not an Armstead hater but it discourages me to see a game breaker like Matt only getting one touch like that. I hope that Dominguez will bust out this weekend in Winnipeg instead of racing up and down the sidelines like a decoy.

We still need 1 more bonifide reciever, Richardson was that guy before he got hurt, I dont know why they have 3 American RB's on the roster, but Bracey's been a pleasant surprise.

The Riders lost to Montreal last year wearing their black uni's.

[quote="Twoandout"]The important thing is that the Riders won but Triple H nailed it right on the head when he said Armstead is getting way too much attention from Joseph. The defenders see the play in advance because he still tries in double and triple coverage. Dominguez reels in three touchdowns in two games with Butler because any film the defences have watched have 10 - 15 balls per game going Armsteads way. I'm not an Armstead hater but it discourages me to see a game breaker like Matt only getting one touch like that. I hope that Dominguez will bust out this weekend in Winnipeg instead of racing up and down the sidelines like a decoy

like you said the bottom line is WIN
Joseph was 12-27 44% ? ? ? not good ? ?
1-6 at the start with 5 incompletions to Armstead ? ?
seemed to me that he was forcing the ball to armstead ?
they hardly use Fantuz i believe only 1 pass thrown his way which he caught !
would like to see a recivers completion ratio passes thrown to verses caught ? /

Matt had double coverage most of the game so he was not that open. This opened up both Grant and KK. Joseph ended up throwing the ball away a fair bit. The Peg secondary was better than the score suggests. Fantuz, Armstead, French, and MD each had one catch.

Fantuz should be able to be a go-to guy, they just don’t throw his way often enough. . . Has he even had two catches in a game? Or any dropped passes?

They doubled Matt and Jason a bunch, which opened up everything else. I think we have one of the best receiving cores in the league, which makes it very tough to cover. . . Just wait until Richardson gets back!

i would really like to see the ball more with Matt he can make the playes and with his height if he jump no secondarys will touch him

This could be it, but I'm still not totally sold. There were some passes where Armstead was in double coverage and the ball found its way to him. But once again, all that matters is winning. So as long as the Green and White continue to see the endzone, everything's fine with me.

Why would any team double French he has a hard time catching balls with no coverage.. :lol:

BTW we wont have to worry about him next year with a 100K plus salary and drops 50% of his passes.. only reason he is a starter is because of Shiver.. I'll let you figure out why :stuck_out_tongue:

The only players that I trust to make a catch in key situations are Dominguez, Armstead, Fantuz and Keith. Grant and French run poor routes, look like plodders and have cement hands.

has there been any word on when Jamal Richardson will be back?

I wonder what Saskatchewan fans will be saying about Grant after the game in Winnipeg today. I feel sorry for the guy to be honest. Kamau Peterson the second?

Corey can't catch a cold. why is this guy even playing. Fantuz can catch the ball, he should be in there not grant. I would even play Hathaway in his spot if he wasn't hurt.

c'mon Tillman drop the axe on this guy he is a liability, heaven knows Barett won't...

drop Szarka while you are at it. how a guy that fumbles and drops the ball half the times he touches it became a fan favorite is beyond me. He must have a REALLY nice personality...

last thought. we should get one or two trick plays with Armstead a game. with him throwing the ball or an end around. keep the opposing D on their toes.

I think the only reason Grant is on the team is to lull the opposing D to sleep until they finally stop covering him 'cuz he is so bad. then we can hit him with the open pass in the 4th Quarter. However, for that strategy to work he actually has to catch the ball...

Cory Grant is junk. Had he cought that TD pass which was right in his hands in the 4th quarter, it would have been game over.

Oh well so much for improvements..lmao

bye bye grant bye bye french
please tillman PLEASE!!!!1