Corey Chamblin New DC In Hamilton

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/footba ... 53546.html

The Calgary Stampeders have a coaching vacancy to fill.

Sportsnet’s Arash Madani reported Wednesday night the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have tabbed Corey Chamblin as their next defensive co-ordinator. Neither team has yet to confirm the hire.

Chamblin has been the defensive backs coach for the Stampeders for the past three seasons.

After spending last weekend with Tiger-Cats head coach Marcel Bellefeuille, Chamblin told Sportsnet he was optimistic about the future in Steeltown.

“I like the direction and vision the Hamilton Tiger-Cats are going in,? Chamblin said. “I like what (Bellefeuille) said. That’s what made it pretty good — what he was saying. I thought, I like that. I didn’t know some of the things they have going on there, being in the West all these years.

“But I can buy the vision Marcel has and where he’s going with that.?

Chamblin’s name has been linked to several coaching gigs this winter.

He was on the short-list to become head coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders — a job that former Tiger-Cats defensive co-ordinator Greg Marshall eventually landed — and was also interviewed for the top defensive job in Winnipeg, where he was a position coach in 2007.

wes.gilbertson@sunmedia.ca

What Type of Coach is He

I love to have some input...

...sorry Onknight, I really can't offer anything on Chamblin, other than Hufnagel was sorry to see him go, but happy for him that he was offered the position...not sure how effective he'll be for you

is there any former player we can give this to? like they did with dave dickenson?