Continuation of Football in Canada

But truckers make up 93% of the border crossings, they are exempt covid testing and quarantine, I don’t think they are exempt covid. Very few non-essential people crossing the border, they aren’t allowed into the US very few are coming back into Canada.

Just look at any border cam, you can see bumper to bumper trucks, no testing, no quarantine, these guys have been all over North America. I see flights arriving every minute into Toronto and other cargo flights coming in from all over the world, the flight crews are exempt testing and quarantine.
It’s impossible to shut the land border, we are not an island.

1 Like

well there should have been rules about how long they could stay in Canada and how they should spend their time here. I am sure that travelers who actually stayed here and interacted with a lot more people are more responsible for this situation than trucker, who basically, just come here to deliver and pick up.

In any case, trucking was going to happen anyhow. To shut down everything else would have made a tremendous difference.

Not if they play in the US, far from ideal but at least they could play and play in front of a crowd. They’d make more money oddly.

What should have been done is obviously testing at border
I dunno why certain people were ever exempt in first place
Its not that much of a bother

And IF a test came back positive (could take 3 days) at least then Public Health could CONTACT TRACE

That is the diff in a place like Australia or Korea
It’s not like they had lockdowns anywhere near as long as ours
But their Public Health units could determine WHERE most people got sick from, and even if someone got exposed they could isolate them BEFORE they became infectious (10 days)

Canada’s biggest fail is the fact nearly a quarter of our Covid cases have “unknown” as source
Ontario fully admitted they gave up since the growth had become exponential during peak

Unless Redbird pays them for a whole seasons worth. It would be in their interests to not let the CFL lose too much talent, becomes more expensive later if you have to refill CFL teams at the same time you’re trying to stock XFL ones, would also stem the tide of retirements.

If we’re honest if they cancel this season there will be a lot of guys who don’t ever come back. At some point given the later costs there is merit for Redbird to help finance a season to help retain players at the very least. Would also be leverage to force most of whatever that season is to be played in the US so they could recoup some revenue.

The exposure wouldn’t hurt either, but I think canceling the season outright will be a short term savings incurring a long term cost. Quality of play is a major factor in the success of the XFL, so there is a limit to how much bleeding they can allow before it becomes cost effective to actually finance a season at full pay even if its only a few games.

Or when all options have been exhausted, a free people will do this by any means necessary, but that’s going way off topic but we are playing rather fast and loose in these uncertain times beyond the matter of the CFL

Bang on - I can see already some of the propaganda building along such lines for various motives or simply just some of the media folks pandering clickbait, but when it comes down to it, I can see them canceling any such plays right after Labour Day and finding some excuse and that’s assuming loftily that the owners writing those cheques even will sign off on such an idea in financial regards.

2 Likes

what have you been talking about?

He posted in the wrong thread. It’s rough out there beyond Super League and CFL meetings today.

Damn Super League stole our name for our new CFL-XFL venture :slight_smile:

1 Like

Supreme League ,Grand Champions, Maximum League , First Premier League , Universal League , Gold League , Diamond League , is still left . :grinning: :smile:

Personal Favourite :smile:

Intrepid Football Association

1 Like

How about Just Ice League of Canada? LOL!

1 Like