Contact the Mayor

Contact the Mayor
We encourage you to contact the Mayor and city council, and tell them that you want the new stadium on the East Mountain.

Mayor

Fred Eisenberger

mayorfred@hamilton.ca

905-546-4200

A bit late.

I already contacted him and told him not to spend the Future Fund on a football stadium on the EM.

If only I had read your post earlier... :wink:

Dear City Councillors and the Mayor

This is a time where the City can shine, and leave a legacy for the people of this GREAT City of Hamilton. The time has come, the research has been done ! If the City of Hamilton doesn't do the right thing and put the Stadium on the East Mountain this will leave a BLACK cloud over the City of Hamilton and the sun will never shine again. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Organization has done its part, now its time for the CITY Councillors to do the right thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Hamilton Tiger-Cats mean more to the City than just football its apart of our fabric that hold the City together. The Tiger-Cats do so much for this community that goes unnoticed. The old saying goes.," You don't know what you have until you lose it'. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. THE BALL IS IN YOUR HANDS.

If the City makes the wrong decision and put the stadium at the west harbour, this not only does this jeopardises the Tiger-Cats future in Hamilton but it will be the downfall of many more things to come. The snowball effect will start !!!

The City of HAMILTON Councillors and the Mayor, put your egos aside and make the right decision !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance Whittaker
resident of Hamilton
Long time fan of your Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Haha! Contact him, but just don’t send him an email because, as he’s mentioned previously, he doesn’t have time to read them lol.

section, that’s not fair, I’m going to hire a consultant to speak with the Mayor’s office and argue that your letter should be disregarded because you have friends at city hall and special influence. :slight_smile:

Already did. Told him to fulfill his mandate and ensure the north end/ core is rejuvenated. That better happen.

I’ve already signed up for law school, so that people will see my opinions as “law” the way they do the opinions of H. Turkstra. :wink:

Sent mine out on July 28 to the following recipients concerning my particular area of interest and totally supporting the East Mountain site:

(I'll not post the content of my letter here)

To: ian.troop@toronto2015.org; dmcguinty.mpp.co@liberal.ola.org; bob@ticats.ca; david.mitchell@hamilton.ca; mpearson@hamilton.ca; rpowers@hamilton.ca; mmccarthy@hamilton.ca; bbratina@hamilton.ca; smerulla@hamilton.ca; tjackson@hamilton.ca; sduvall@hamilton.ca

And for the umpteenth time I’ll ask… how does a stadium at WH do more to “rejuvenate” that area than the proposed rec centre and amphitheatre?

Would a rec centre and amphitheatre not draw a more diverse crowd and on more dates (in a year) than a stadium?

I fail to see the hard-headed argument of stadium, stadium, stadium at WH and nothing else will do.

You won't get an answer longtime. There isn't one

I am no From Hamilton but Still Put my Support call in as Season Ticket Holder

as mentioned

TSN is supporting the East Mountain
Their letter to the mayor is on the ' go east mountain' site...anyone know how to attach it on too here??..

I guess all the 'north end' supporters will never watch TSN again.. :lol:

They are not mutaully exclusive. Pier 8 is available to be developed.

Put them all downtown or at WH. The more people coming down there, the better.

Why not do something Pat LaForge was talking about by combining the stadium with a concert venue. One venue with lots of dates is most practical.

Whitestar has a terrific plan for such a thing.

TSN has no right to be sending our City council a letter. I enjoy watching TSN don’t get me wrong, but it’s time to bring football back to CBC where it belongs.

Captain...

And apparently while the Mayor was acting in good faith (cough) by talking, behind everyone's back, with the Katz group these many months, like Whitestar, they were too late to the party with proposals that look great ... but where's the beef!

Too many feel good grandiose ideas with nothing to back them up, too many unanswered questions and too little time to seriously study or consider accepting them (at least in relations to any PanAm funding).

Or maybe the Mayor is still "acting in good faith" by negotiating with other unknown groups?

re Pier 8... IIRC, there are/were already plans to create a European-style "village" with possibly a rink, housing, shops, restaurants, etc. With the limited land, how do you fit in a rec centre and amphitheatre without major changes to present plans, though something the City is very adept at doing :roll:

If there are concerns (from the realists) about access and residential push-back now at WH, just think of the fun with an additional project at Pier 8!

http://www.goeastmountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tsnprogrammingsh3501n@ctv.ca_20100803_184744.pdf

TSN supports the EM? Well why didn't you say so? If TSN supports it then it MUST be the right thing to do.

Who the hell cares what TSN thinks? I sure don't.

Agreed. But who knows where katz is n this right now, and who, if anyone else.

And the same can be said for Em right now.

re Pier 8... IIRC, there are/were already plans to create a European-style "village" with possibly a rink, housing, shops, restaurants, etc. With the limited land, how do you fit in a rec centre and amphitheatre without major changes to present plans, though something the City is very adept at doing :roll:

If there are concerns (from the realists) about access and residential push-back now at WH, just think of the fun with an additional project at Pier 8!

Here’s the master plan http://www.hamilton.ca/NR/rdonlyres/10C … stpage.pdf

The rink is already in, between William’s and the Marine Discovry centre. IIRC the village you refer to is to be built along Guise St.

I was referring to land just east and adjacent to the parking for the marine discovery centre, that, strangley enough, is not included within the maps of the master plan. I was thinking of the freight sheds that are next to the Haida and the land adjacent to it.

Wonder who owns it, and if there are any plans for that.

I agree with you in that while TSN is the CFL’s broadcast partner, they are also a carrier of sports news and should maintain journalistic integrity by not openly throwing support behind one site or the other.

I disagree with you about the CBC. That came down to broadcast quality. TSN covered more of the season than CBC ever bothered with. TSN’s analysis, panel, commentary and camera work were also leaps and bounds beyond CBC.

Alas this is EM vs. WH and there’s another thread buried somewhere on the Cats or CFL forum about TSN vs. CBC.

I hear what you're saying about journalistic integrity and TSN not involved and Cohon's letter as some say out of line but guess what?

Bob Young is ready to move this team or do something and Mark Cohon and the people at TSN know this and are not threatening Hamilton but rather warning them, look, you might not have a team any more! Are you sure you know what you're doing there city of Hamilton?

It's serious.