Congratulations to the Argos!

LMAO. Jones and Milanovich had nothing to do with winning this GC, Foley overcame them 8)

No the players overcame them :wink:

Now maybe Barker will be a little more generous and let Montreal take Orlando Steinhauer for the DC position this year instead of refusing, as he did last season.

:lol:

As an Als fan, it’s always nice to see ex-Als thriving in other cities. Barker, Milanovich, Jones, Owens – all ex-Als and key components of this Argo Grey Cup run. :thup:

The 100th Grey Cup.
A chance to show everyone what the CFL is about. Toronto did a great job promoting it. We had a chance to draw in new fans since hockey is not on. This was the best thing that could have happened for the CFL. Two great teams with many star players.

THEN.......

The Stampeders stink it up.

A great chance to promote the CFL thrown away by a group of chumps......

Congratulations to the Argos and a thank you to the Owner,Mr. David Braley; without him,there may no more CFL.

This win by the Argos and the fact that they should be a very competitive Team for years to come, could add a few $$$ to the next TV agreement.

Excluding the Owner,Mr. David Braley, the number 1 architect of this Team/winner of the 100th Grey Cup, is the General Manager,Jim Barker. In the past 3 years,most particularly in 2011-2012, he made moves that change the Team from a losing one to a very competitive one. These moves are:

Coaches:
Hiring of Scott Milanovich as a Head Coach
Hiring of Chris Jones as Defensive Coordinator

Trades:
Trading for Chad Owens,WR/KR. Now 30 years old
Trading for Ricky Ray,QB. 33 Great trade and number 1 factor in this Argos win.

New Players/Imports:
In the past three years,but mostly in 2011-2012, 80% of the Imports have been replaced; some of these new players,rather young players,are:
Amand Armstead,DT. 22
Marcus Ball,LB. 25
Ahmad Carroll,DB. 29
Jalil Carter,CB. 23
Pacino Horne,DB. 29
Dontrelle Inman,WR. 23
Brandon Isaac,LB. 27
Chad Kackart,RB. 26
Ejiro Kuale,LB/DE. 29
Evan McCollough,DB. 25
Robert McCune,LB. 33
Tony Washington,T. 26
Pat Watkins,CB. 29

No other CFL Team/General Manager has brought as many good and young talent,in the past 1 to 3 years,particularly in the last year,as Jim Barker. These young players will definitely become better and the Argos will definitely be one of the best Team in the
coming years. They won't be perfect but they will be competitive. Pressure for other Teams to be as good/better than the Argos.

I sure hope that the Argos will soon sign Jim Barker to a new and better contract. He deserves it!.

Richard

Yup the Argo's deserved this one, Calgary was out played from the start. Looked like a last place team in the process. Glenn was finished after he realized Cornish was finished. Toronto mixed it up and kackert killed us. The only glimmer of hope was called back on a holding call. Sad to say but I was looking for flags before Taylor was even half way to the end zone lol. I only wish the 100th GC had turned out to be a barn burner instead of a lopsided dud. The Argo's "D" feasted on Cornish "Glenn" hen the whole game.

Congrats Argo's, well played.

and two with the Stamps who were not so fortunate… Taylor and Stewart.

with a year under their belt, the Argos should finish next regular season even better than their 9-9 record of this season!
Als and the rest of the east will have their hands full !

:thup:

not bad for a team that supposedly had many issues :wink:

Like I mentionned before the season started. Jones defense would be adequate and be excellent down the stretch and they were. Next year it will be even better. If Jones hisn’t hired by Ottawa in January.

The two keys to the Argos' win were two areas where some posters thought they were weak. . . Chris Jones' defence and the offensive line. Both played superbly. On top of that, Milanovich and Jones clearly out-coached Hufnagel and Dickenson.

I agree MadJack…Also I was impressed with the plays that were given to Ray, thus on a lot of play/schemes it looked like Ricky was going to go deep or down the middle, but instead continued with the short dump off passes. Doug Flutie pointed this out as well, you basically got 2 plays to get ten yards/or so…Toronto did just that…congrats to the Argos on that front. The defense rose to the occasion in great fashion that had me glued to see if Calgary had an answer in the second half…they did not…which leads to the coaches on how they had the Argonauts very much prepared.

The 3 teams Toronto knocked off contributed to their own demise. Montreal (Milanovich), Calgary (Jones, Mccune), Edmonton (Ray,Barnes). Weird how that worked out.

Congrats to my Argos.
Was there at the dome and the place was rocking.
Those in th know said they have never heard the dome as loud not even during the Blue Jays World Series years.
Wow, it was truly fantastic.

Man…can I relate to that! :thup: Same thing the year before in B.C. Place. Best game I’d ever attended. What blows me away was the Argo’s record this year. Mediocre. They were nine and nine going into the playoffs. That’s only .500

I was thinking that maybe like the Lions in 2011, the Argos really turned things around in the back half of the season and were on a huge roll. They weren’t.
They only won 4 of their last 9 games and in some of the games they lost, they were blown out.

However, most importantly, they took out Montreal to get into the Grey Cup and then knocked off the team [in the GC] that eliminated the best team [as far as season was concerned] in the CFL Even if the Lions were in the Grey Cup I think given the way the Argos played, the Argos would still have come out on top.

That’s how football should be for every game. Talk about home field advantage.

Had to laugh at the Rider fans sitting behind me who kept complaining about everyone was standing up.

Now if we can only bottle some of this for next year and beyond?

Congrats to the Argos!

Also Calgary should hold their head up high, they didn't play well in the big game, but they had a great season.