Congratulations to Ottawa!

Piss off, go back to your vacant Redblack forum. :smiley:

Every team has injuries.

Ottawa's victory last week, and their first place finish is not tainted at all.

It's well deserved. Congratulations Ottawa.

Injuries have always been a part of football. Every single team has to deal with it.

When Collaros was healthy and al the other CFL QB’s were out with injury, (Ray, Durant, Crompton, Lulay, etc) the Ti-Cats benefited as well. It goes both ways.

I agree CaptainKirk just look around this year at the number of injuries especially the QB's that have gone down and it basically breaks down to everyone in the league but Burris, Mitchell and Trevor Harris.

The Tiger-Cats would have an Awesome team still if they can start scoring in the Red Zone and TD's not field goals because this team has been scoring on every level since the start of the year. We lead the CFL in Interception TD's, returns for TD's, Wow imagine if our offence got it in gear and whoever is in at QB and score TD's and consistantly this team would be unstoppable.

That hasn't been done consistently since Zach Collaros got injured but we have the potential with Mathews, Masoli and Harris.

Ottawa had a great game but the game before in Hamilton was anything but great but they still found a way to win.

The Tiger-Cats need that sense of URGENCY to Win, to score TD's on offence and to score often the rest of the team play is an added bonus to an overall team victory!!

GO CATS GO!!!

When the other team scores 44 points I wouldn't crap on their effort by blaming our own quarterback or OL injuries. Ottawas offense was great and they should be proud of the win. I for one am proud of my team for the effort they made while down by 17 and some remarkable plays in this thoroughly exciting game. With Masoli I feel we can pull off a win next week and have one more shot at Ottawa. If not, I'll be rooting for Ottawa in the grey cup because they deserve it.

Great post bigcat!

Just home from Ottawa,seven hours up on Friday, seven hours back today. Lots of TC fans at the game, both from Ottawa area and up from Hamilton. Biggest group over in Section X, bus trip from home.

Ottawa fans were tremendous hosts, thanked us for coming, friendly, helpful with directions around TD Place, and how to get back to hotel. We could learn a LOT at THF about how to treat our visitors. Bumped into one a**hole before game and one after. Better average than at home sometimes?

Thought TCs played pretty well, but RedBlacks wanted it more. Whiner Hank played a whale of a game, receivers and Powell as well. Hate to admit it, but Ottawa the better team yesterday, and full value for the win. Maybe not our best or even our second best team, but RBs took advantage and deserved the win. Congratulations indeed!

Hope for a second shot on the 22nd.

Bad calls sure, dropped passes sure, fumbles sure all valid points , there is only 1 reason Ottawa won any games this season is
THEY HAVE THE BEST OLINE IN THE CFL Hank got hit less than any other QB why because their Oline is nails our Oline went down hill the second they traded Brian Simmons ( Our Only All Star from the Oline last season ) Trust me on this point we will play in Ottawa 1 more time and ask any Ottawa player its hard to beat the same team 3 x in a row.
Give Ottawa Credit for building such a solid team in only 2 seasons someone knows what they are doing there.

What the RedBlacks accomplished in their second season is amazing. Since the 18-game regular season was adopted in 1986, the Tiger-Cats have topped, or matched, the RBs' record of this season only once (12-5-1 in '98). They're the only team in the league to have started the same QB every game this year. Whenever they've lost a starter to injury, they've managed to fill the spot with success. They have 4 receivers with over 1000 yds. The team and Hank have both set all time pass reception records and he'll be named the league MOP. Their HC is in just his 2nd year as an HC. Their GM did not succeed in his first, and only other shot, at leading a CFL team. But, then, he didn't get to form that team, as he did this time around. As a life-long, or probably that should be long-life-long, CFL fan, despite the interest and excitement of the payoffs and Grey Cup games, I've always considered finishing first in the regular season a greater team accomplishment than winning the 2 game "tournament" at the end, to get into the National Championship. This year Ottawa is the best and I'm happy to stand up with those offering congratulations here. Nevertheless, I'll still find great satisfaction if the Cats come back to life and pull off a 2 or 3 victory final run through November.

Oh give me a freakin’ break, quarterback is the single most important position in football. Without a good QB, drives can not be sustained. If drives can not be sustained then it doesn’t matter how good your defence is, they won’t be able to rest and the opposition is going to have a field day.

I would like to see Ottawa try to play without Burris, see how well they do…

I don’t think Ottawa is great. Pretty good but not great. Our defence is spent and has nothing left in the tank, not a good test. They still have some work to do to be as good as the healthy Cats. It’s great to see Ottawa embracing the CFL again!

It isn't over.

The thing is, Burris plays for Ottawa. The Redblacks, in a short time, have built a team around Henry Burris which is
perhaps, the best overall team in the league. We’ll soon find out, won’t we.

This is a good thread. I agree, congratulations to Ottawa. It's good to have them back in the CFL and playing competitively. I hope they sustain their fan support and make a strong, lasting franchise.

Congratulate our new found enemy ?! :? Give your head a shake they are exploiting the life after Austin in Ottawa/ expansion draft and I told you so we are good players on the limb Hamilton that didn’t fit into YOUR SYSTEM revenge is sweet , if your a real Ticat fan you don’t give any team shit including this new CFL hype story / Tsn love in with the Ottawa , it’s Media at it’s best , Renagades our new enemy at the gates… :twisted: :rockin: :rockin: in two weeks kick your ass! :twisted: :rockin:

Some interesting stats.

Burris led the league with over 5,700 yards in passing and had 4 receiver with over 1,000 yards which is quite rare.

After 17 games —

Ottawa led the CFL with offensive yards, 381.7 per game, Edmonton 2nd with 359.6. Hamilton was 4th.

Defensively, Ottawa gave up the fewest yards passing and fewest yards running per game , and led the league in sacks quite substantially.

The least numbrers of yards per game - 298.5

They also had the leagues highest time of possession.

They’re for real.

The only stat that doesn’t add up is the point differential, Ottawa scored 464 points and allowed 456, that’s a .500 team or maybe 1 game above, their record should be 9-9 ore maybe 10-8. Those stats maybe off because the first few games Ottawa losses were kills and their wins were close.

Yes congrats indeed to all the Good Fans of those Cinderella REDBLACKS. You guys do realize that as an expansion team you are not supposed to be this good this fast :slight_smile: You also realize that with your amazing turn around season that you have also joined us in history as one of the teams with the biggest points and wins reversal in a single season and a jump from worst to first in the standings. I just wish it didn't have to come at the expense of my Cats :cry: Oh well ,hopefully we will be seeing you once again in two weeks time in the EF for round 3. OSKI-WEE-WEE !!!!

1997......Ti-Cats.....2-16-0-4...........4th
1998......Ti-Cats....12-5-1-25 ( +21)...1rst

2014......RB's.........2-16-0-4...........4th
2015......RB's........12-6-0-24 (+20)....1rst

bleh, they get no congrats from this guy. they should change the name of this division from east to Walking Wounded.

besides. play off Hank is just around the corner.

in my best impersonation of game of thrones .PLAYOFFS IS COMIN

A class post from Big Cat - a better man than me.

I was furious with the pro Ottawa nature of the TSN broadcast for the first half of the game but if you truly love this league you have to realize having a strong franchise in Ottawa is the best thing to happen to the CFL in just about forever. The RedBlacks are a good news story. That they've done it with Ti-Cat cast-offs and never faced a Collaros led team sticks in my craw. But that's life.

Congratulations to the REDBLACKS! I watched a number of their games throughout the year and it was easy to tell they were coming together as a team. It was also fun to watch their 'tempo' offence and the havoc it created with opposing defences. Like most fans from other teams, I was waiting for their 'bubble to burst' but during the regular season they just kept on getting better. Last Saturday, the better team won. Unlike the previous week, no excuses, no alibis, no what ifs - it was what it was.
However, I firmly believe we can beat the _________ and then defeat the team with ALLCAPS in their name to go on the Grey Cup. If we don't make it, I will be cheering for Ottawa and the ex-Cats on the team.