Congratulations Riders!

Avery good game but like the whole season the Stamps give gifts to the other team. 13 points from turnovers made the difference. Good luck the rest of the way.

Go Lions Go

I missed most of the game running around in the mountians tracking with the dogs but I was told it wasa good game.

thanks redand white 2005- my advice - get rid of Henry!!!

Yes thanks,and yes i agree Burris has got to go.

Thanks Red, you would have enjoyed yourself at the game despite the outcome.

Congrats and good luck next week.

GO RIDERS GO!!!

You have a player with a broken leg. May not play football again. Dirty play. You want the Lions to win redandwhite?

Faint praise indeed after all the smack you talked this week, 05, but I guess we'll take it.
I'll give the Stamps a lot of credit for hanging around in this one.
They had every opportunity to fold up their tents and instead they played hard.
I guess they proved they wanted to play for Higgins, who appears to be getting the shaft in Cowtown.

In the head to head competition between the player who is the West MOP nominee and the pretender who cried all week that he deserved it, I think we saw proof that the voters got it correct.
KJ was the difference in this game for the Riders while Hank...Hank was Frank, doing his usual play-off choke, and serving up the "Burris hat-trick"--a fumble, a pick and a TD.
And Copes and Lewis managed to prove they can't get it done in the play-offs either, both pretty much dissappearing, with a couple of easy drops each.

Anyway, 05, I'm glad you are jumping on the Lion bandwagon because the Rider wagon is just about full anyway...

Well The Stamps did play well. But like all season long they had problems hanging onto the ball ball spotting points to the other side. Can not win games doing that. What the heck was Higgens thinking playing Scott Coe while he was injured is beyond me. Plain dumb. But dumb gets replaced. Sorry guys many of you in the Higgens thread is idolizing the guy but frankly some of his decisions this year hurt this team. The other aspect of this year that hurt this team was Crehan. He should have been gone earlier. It appears the defense was getting better each game but a little to late. On Burris you may dislike him but I still believe he is a better qb then KJ. The other question was why cheer on the Lions when their player broke the leg of a Stamp. That is one guy that did that does not mean you punish the whole team. Cheer for the Riders NOT!

My two cents on Burris, you have to keep the reins on the guy otherwise you get Frank. He would be the perfect fit for the Bellfool style of offense, and it's no coincidence he had his most success while in that system. Higgins and his staff were coach of the year only two short seasons ago, Barker is the clown who should be shown the door for not bringing in enough talent to bolster a solid group. I either case I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Good job Riders.

....congrats to the Riders...they were the better team on the day...

...red2005...i still don't know why the stamps didn't play Clark...talented and a leader...to make him a healthy scratch...whats up with that...AND I KNOW...i keep hearing about the ratio thing...But they could have worked around it another way...questionable decision by the coaching staff????
...tough to end the year like that...But after you get rid of Hank who can't seem to win the BIG ONE...things may turn around next year....MAAS is waiting for a call... :wink:

Good game Saskabush!!!!

You guys were very deserving, and i will be on your side heading to the left coast. Ive decided nothing would please me more then you and Winnipeg going to Toronto and showing them how to do it up.

Its going to be tough, as BC right now is the obvious favour.

Turkey, your advice is up to its usual standard. With the right coaching – read Austin or Buono – Burris could quite possibly be the best QB in the league. If the rumors are correct regarding Hufnagel coming to Calgary next year, Hank’s aspirations of becoming the MOP may have been just one year premature. As for replacing Burris with Moss, I can't think of a polite response to that gem.

Did anyone notice the hit by Sask’s #26 on Henry Burris late in the third quarter of yesterday’s game? It was a carbon copy of the description of the Jimenez hit. To add some semblance of balanced thought, a quality that eludes far too many Rider fans, the hit came from behind around the back of Burris’ ankles, occurred well after the ball had been thrown to the opposite side of the field, and was flagged. The only difference between the two plays? Calgary’s DE was seriously injured on the play and miraculously Burris was not.

Why didnt we play Clark???

Because Higgins thought we needed a backup to
stand on the sidelines for Reynolds.

One running play and five overall tend to wear a guy down.

WTF are you talking about, who has questioned that play/penalty, he hit him below the knees automatic penalty all year??? Let me guess the next item you are going to bring up is the Perry hit on ol' glass jaw those many moons ago??

I asked this question before was it the action of the hit or severity of the hitthat is the issue? I didnt see either one. If Burris suffered a broken leg this would be front and center today. Regardless the CFL has to change the rule on this type of block in the offseason.

There were two plays where Riders hit Burris low. #26 on a safety blitz dove while Burris was rolling out of the pocket and hit Burris in the knees, impact wasnt that hard as Gordon hit the ground first then Burris. Burris saw him coming and was prepared for the hit. Penalty was called, didnt agree at first, but then on the replay it was clear he did hit him low, even though he was scrambling. Second hit was from #96 Scott Schultz rolled into Burris after being blocked, no call on the play. So I am not sure what play Neil is referring to, or if he is just generalizing???

...now c'mon Neil ...ya know Jason wants to head back to Alta. You'd see a complete turn-around in the guy .. i never thought he was ever happy back east and he does have a Grey Cup ring i believe...are you knocking his credentials????..they could go after one of B.C.'s back-ups if they dump Hank.... but Jason has the experience...however .. that's for next year...we'll see.... :roll: ???

sixpacked wrote: Neil70 wrote:

Did anyone notice the hit by Sask’s #26 on Henry Burris late in the third quarter of yesterday’s game? It was a carbon copy of the description of the Jimenez hit. To add some semblance of balanced thought, a quality that eludes far too many Rider fans, the hit came from behind around the back of Burris’ ankles, occurred well after the ball had been thrown to the opposite side of the field, and was flagged. The only difference between the two plays? Calgary’s DE was seriously injured on the play and miraculously Burris was not.

WTF are you talking about, who has questioned that play/penalty, he hit him below the knees automatic penalty all year??? Let me guess the next item you are going to bring up is the Perry hit on ol' glass jaw those many moons ago??

I asked this question before was it the action of the hit or severity of the hitthat is the issue? I didnt see either one. If Burris suffered a broken leg this would be front and center today. Regardless the CFL has to change the rule on this type of block in the offseason.

Well sixpacked, apparently BobbyP didn’t have any trouble at all understanding my point, how come you did?

After reading your response, I looked at the play again on my PVR and it is exactly as I described it. God only knows what you were looking at.

Now Papa, I wasn't dumping on JM. I just don't think he's in the same class as Burris.
Austin has done wonders with KJ's confidence and decision making this year and if Hufnagel can do the same with Burris - which I think he can - trading Burris would be a mistake of monumental proportions.

I'll be watching the video of the game later, so I'll be looking for something from Schultz or Gordon, but I certainly never saw a play that was even remotely like what the Jimenez play has been described as.
The one Gordon play I recall was a shoe string tackle which was called rough play--a marginal one, but they have called those all year, so no complaint on the call, but not even remotely like the Jimenez play.

As for Maas replacing Burris, pass the reefer....