Congrats to the league on winning the Grey Cup...

During the last four days, I talked to many fans at the festivities- I didn't notice too many from Ham. or Mont.- most were from out west and a lot of bandwagon Argo fans. Wonder where they are during the season ? Anyway, about 80% of the fans I talked to thought the fix was in and this GC was orchestrated in favour of the Argos. Most were cheering for the Stamps on this basis....The Argos had ZERO penalties called on them in the first half in the GC. In the Edmonton game, excepting the two blatant horse collar penalties, they had ONE holding call. I too find it amazing that the most undisciplined team in the regular season could miraculously change to angelic behaviour in an instant.... I've said before that fouls not called and when fouls are called influence the game. This pattern of not calling penalties on one team in the first half , while they build a lead, and then calling them in the second half to make the game stats look even leaves a bad taste.....The league and the Argos may have enriched the coffers, but in my opinion, they cheapened the image !

As much as I would like to blame the officiating on this one I'm pretty sure Calgary sealed their own fate. Although I could swear I saw an official throw that flag on the Larry Taylor TD from behind a grassy knoll :twisted:

As a non-biased, American CFL fan, I thought the game was well reffed. Sure, there were a couple missed calls here and there. But, for most of the contest, they let both teams play all out. It was a quality game, and I salute Canada for having a great celebration worthy of the Grey Cup! :thup:

Congrats to the Argos'!

It's funny, back around the mid-way point of the season when the Argos were struggling I didn't hear anyone complaining about the so-called "conspiracy". All of the sudden they make the playoffs and the haters come out of the wood work. The Als have been dominant for the past 15 years. Is that a conspiracy? BC won the Grey Cup at home last year at home. Is that a conspiracy?

Wrong, from the beginning I questioned the half million given to the Argos, and myself and others questioned the Ricky Ray giveaway.

Same with the pass interference call against Toronto.

I would have to agree, I am curious as to whether it was the same official trying for a make up call. Nonetheless it was still a well reffed game for the most part and the officials let them play ball.

Actually, the conspiracy suggestion has been in vogue pretty much from the Ray trade onward.

Wow, started to read this thread then i stoped once it got to a mud slinging regarding the refs. Yes the refs didnt need to call the one return TD by larry taylor and yes that would have ment a much closer and better game. But heck other than that i thought they did a great job. And im glad the threw out Belli, what an clown.

Congrats Toronto you deserved it for a well coached / executed game. I think this is a very good thing for the league :cowboy:

how could you possibly come up with this? I never told you or anyone if I was wanting the Stamps to lose or not!?!

It really didn’t matter for me who won or lost.

I was a referee, were you? No.

I watched and I did not see anything that was as serious as you claim.

and for the record. The penalty against Raymond on the return was legit.

didn't take me very long to see the infraction on the return and realize that it WAS INDEED the correct call.

Or how about the incomplete call on the Argos 28 yard catch, where it was clear on the replay that his foot touch inside while in posession of the ball. Calls get missed or blown against both teams in EVERY football game.

If the Argo’s had challenged it would have been reversed. That one was on them.

It is a call that should not have been made. If holding was called to the letter of the law, there would be a penalty on every single play. That was a very weak call.

These conspiracy theorists are just that…theorists. We’ve all seen games where certain calls were made that severely impacted the outcome of the game. What I saw in this game were calls where an Argo player was ejected from the game. I saw an incomplete pass call going against the Argos. This was detrimental to the Argos. Had the play been challenged and reviewed the call would have been reversed. There were some sacks that Ray took that in other games the Calgary D would have taken a penalty on. Another call went against Argo’s player Carroll for PI giving Calgary a huge gain. The PI was marginal at best if there was even any PI.

Where was the fix? There was no fix anymore than there was one in B.C. Place last week where the Stamps only took 2 penalties in the entire game. The Stamps almost got through the entire game without a single penalty!

I think to rail on the officiating is just grasping at straws myself. This game was one of the better officiated games in my opinion.

eh, debatable! I think it was a good call, because the player was in the immediate area and it was affecting the play.

Congratulations to coach Milanovich for his great efforts in bringing the Argos from a non contending team to this Grey Cup success. Barker also was helpful in acquiring the new players ( like Rick Ray ) for the team. The Argos appeared to be the same old bunch at the begging of the season but, at Grey Cup, proved to, without doubt, be the best the in league. Rick Ray is relatively young and, will be around for a few future years. The decision to replace Boyd with Kakert was a superb move as the latter provided greater speed in the backfield. The new Argo players brought into the team this past year at corner, defensive backs and, offensive tackle were the spark plugs that elevated the play of this team and, Epelle demonstrated his worth! The the Grey Cup belongs, at present, to the Argos, who fully deserve it.

First of all, I know sometimes I know our eyes can play tricks in the following situation, but I thought Toronto receivers were offside a couple of times and it was not called. I thought Inman was offside by a good yard or two on the play where he caught the ball near the end zone and Toronto challenged whether he got into the endzone or not. TSN did not show one replay of the beginning of the play which makes me think he was indeed offside. I cant remember who it was the 2nd time but I was yelling at the TV saying "OFFSIDES! WHERE IS THE FLAG???" lol.

At the same time that pass interference penalty against Toronto, I think it was Ahmad Carroll, was bogus. If I was Carroll I would have lost my composure in a game like that.

Also Adrianno Belli.... What a jackass. I have never liked him.

EDIT: I should mention I do not believe that Toronto won because of the referees.

I think it was correct. Raymond didnt need to grab him at alland imo a good nudge would have been enough to set Taylor free without any orange flags on the field.

Have you read these forums at all since the trade?