Congrats to the league on winning the Grey Cup...

Not to take anything away from Toronto, as they were the better of the two main teams tonight... but something needs to be done with the quality (or lack of) of the officiating. The refs are meant to keep order on the field and ensure that everyone follows the rules, but they are not suppose to control the game. For all too many of the big games in the CFL, the refs play too critical of a role in determining the outcome. Tonight, Toronto was the better team, but had the refs done their job, the outcome may have been different. In the game tonight, more often then not, the calls that were made or not made were wrong. They made errors in all aspects of the game and on both teams. As a fan of the game, it is pretty disappointing to see that the game that is usually high quality entertainment is more about listening to a ref tell us who he wants to win. It is sad when the quality of our refs is far worse than the replacement refs that were in the NFL this year. I know it is a "hard" job and they can make mistakes, but there is a point when almost anybody could do a better job then them. So in the end, congrats to the league, as they and their refs were the biggest winners in tonights Grey Cup.

Whatever, you're so wrong it's laughable. I thought they were just fine. I for one did not see any major issues during the game, and I'm pretty sure I'd be more qualified to make that call then you.

I know you are happy that the stamps lost, but that does not change the facts. If you did not see any issues, I don’t think you are qualified to do much of anything.

I’m just curious… how the MOST penalized team in the league… does not take ONE penalty during an entire 1st half of football… :roll:

With the exception of the brutal call on the return touchdown, I thought the officials did a pretty good job.

That was a brutal call

Good question… but by the responses of the anti stamp fans, it is because they didn’t do anything to deserve one. It also helps when the CFL needs your team to succeed and get more fans in the future. Also, how much better does it look in the records book that the team that started it all wins the 100th Grey Cup at home.

The only thing I questioned sitting in the stands were a couple pass interference calls but they were on both teams so I didn't find it to be a big deal.

The reffing seemed to be pretty good tonite. They had zero influence on the game.

This post is is garbage, there was nothing wrong with the officiating in tonights game, the refs let the guys play Football, there were two bad calls, the one on the Larry Taylor kick return TD and the PI call on Carroll where he barely pulled the receivers arm. For whoever this joke of a fan is to say our refs are worse than the replacement refs knows nothing about the game of Football.

There were a few calls that made or could have made a big difference in the game.

The PI call on Carroll for his "hold" on Price was completely wrong. (40+ yard penalty - 3 points to Calgary)

The reception at the 1 yard line... the CFL rule book says that a player who has control in the air, has to keep control when his body hits the ground. Regardless of whether he was out at the 1 or scored a TD, he did not maintain control. This was a blown call and gave a touchdown to Toronto. Yes, they may have scored anyways as they were in Stamp territory, but big play that was made incorrectly.

The last play of the half, even the "unbiased" commentators thought that it should have been passing interference. 1 play from the 1 yard line could have dramatically changed the game going into halftime.

The kick return, yes Raymond grabbed an arm, but he in no way hindered the progress of the player who was already 3 yards behind Taylor. In this game, as a ref you cannot make that call as both teams had way more cluching and grabbing that was not called.

Nic Lewis 64 yard gain - he had a horse collar that he fought out of and then his helmet was ripped off. I don't know what more would be required to show a face mask or unnecessary roughness.

There were many more that I am sure where "good" calls... but I think the point has been made. With these calls alone, that is over 20 points that could have been altered one way or the other. It would have been nice to see how things would have played out if the game was called appropriately.

The refs definitely did not let them play football, they made a lot of inconsistent calls both ways. The refs in the CFL have always been inconsistent and will probably continue to do so going forward. Watch any game any week of the year as an unbiased observer and you will just laugh at the quality of the refs. So yes, the replacement refs in the NFL are better than our CFL refs, and it doesn’t take much to see that.

To CFLneedsrefs:

I'm aware of only one questionable PI call that seemed marginal. Another call went in Calgary's favor. The Argo player who caught the ball was ruled out of bounds. He wasn't. In another case an Argo player was ejected from the game. How is that being biased against Calgary?

Based on what you've said so far I would say you are on a bit of an expedition as in:

http://us.cdn3.123rf.com/168nwm/antonbrand/antonbrand1105/antonbrand110500025/9504237-cartoon-of-a-boy-fishing-he-is-on-a-riverbank.jpg

There are many points listed above. I did not say that it was biased against Calgary, I said it was bad reffing all around. Overall, the quality of the officiating across the league is far from acceptable and needs to be made more consistent.

“I did not say that it was biased against Calgary,? …by CFLneedsrefs

Actually CFLneedsrefs, you implied it….several times as a matter of fact.

Let me show you....

"It also helps when the CFL needs your team to succeed and get more fans in the future."

In other words show partiality to the Argo team.

"Also, how much better does it look in the records book that the team that started it all wins the 100th Grey Cup at home."

Another example of implying that partiality was being shown towards the Argos

"it is pretty disappointing to see that the game that is usually high quality entertainment is more about listening to a ref tell us who he wants to win.

And which team are you implying that the refs "want" to see win? I guess you mean the Argos.

"had the refs done their job, the outcome may have been different."

One more example of implying that the refs were biased against Calgary because the League wanted the Argos to win and somehow "arranged" it by poor officiating. A good theory if you like drama but I don't buy it.

I will agree that in some games the officiating has not been as good as it should be and you will find many community members voicing their displeasure over the past several months but personally I did not feel the officiating played a role in the outcome of today's Grey Cup game.

"it is pretty disappointing to see that the game that is usually high quality entertainment is more about listening to a ref tell us who he wants to win.

And which team are you implying that the refs "want" to see win? I guess you mean the Argos.

This is a general comment about all CFL games and where the basis for this thread started. There are many games that are impacted by the refs.

"had the refs done their job, the outcome may have been different."

One more example of implying that the refs were biased against Calgary because the League wanted the Argos to win and somehow "arranged" it by poor officiating. A good theory if you like drama but I don't buy it.

Again, I am not saying that it was biased against Calgary, I am saying that things would have been different. This game was not that exciting to watch with the way it played out. Calgary did not play well and Toronto did, but had things been called differently, it a tleast could have been a more exciting game for everyone, not just for Argo fans and anti-stamp fans.

I will agree that in some games the officiating has not been as good as it should be and you will find many community members voicing their displeasure over the past several months but personally I did not feel the officiating played a role in the outcome of today's Grey Cup game.

You may be correct, the officiating may not have played a role in the outcome, but no one will ever know what could have happened had calls been made differently.

who the hell do you think you are to decide who is qualified to do what.

personally, I dont think you are qualified to think.

Some people in this thread need tinfoil hats

That’s if you make the catch in the air and hit the ground. He made the catch in the air, took a step in bounds, went out, and then lost it. Call was correct, and you’re too biased to see it.

The last play of the half, even the "unbiased" commentators thought that it should have been passing interference. 1 play from the 1 yard line could have dramatically changed the game going into halftime.
Could have been called, or not. PI on those tight plays is always like that, and always has been. The rule is overly subjective.
The kick return, yes Raymond grabbed an arm, but he in no way hindered the progress of the player who was already 3 yards behind Taylor. In this game, as a ref you cannot make that call as both teams had way more cluching and grabbing that was not called.
Sorry, "it's holding but it should be ignored" doesn't really work here if you're complaining about the officials.
Nic Lewis 64 yard gain - he had a horse collar that he fought out of and then his helmet was ripped off. I don't know what more would be required to show a face mask or unnecessary roughness.
Having your helmet come off isn't an indication of anything considering how often it happens (several times in this game). Call was fine.
There were many more that I am sure where "good" calls... but I think the point has been made. With these calls alone, that is over 20 points that could have been altered one way or the other. It would have been nice to see how things would have played out if the game was called appropriately.
The game was called appropriately, and Calgary just got their asses kicked.

They decided to, you know, play disciplined football for a change?

People seem to think that penalties are some kind of random thing that aren’t in the control of the players.

Could have played this one without refs and it wouldn't have mattered. Calgary had no answer to stop the run and they got trucked by Kackert. Stamps were telegraphing their play calls on offence, and when you know what's coming it's pretty easy to shut a team down.