Congrats to the Als!

Low scoring for sure but entertaining. Got to love the way Calvillo can pick apart a defence. Not sure what happened to Duval's accuracy but he still got the job done. I gotta love the way B.C. held last year's league leading team and Grey Cup champion to just 16 points. There has to be some concern there. The Lions are not exactly a seasoned team- yet. Coburne looked very good. Printers QB for B.C. shows flashes of brilliance but then.....

What's with all the penalties? Almost 300 yards in total.

The monkey is finally off Montreal's back playing in Vancouver. Last time they won was in 2000. Wow! Calvillo must be so relieved.
Wonder what it's like playing in the temporary facility which is constructed almost entirely of assembled scaffolding? Fans in B.C. go insane stomping on the steel aluminum alloy flooring. I'd go nuts with all that noise.

Kudos to the Lions. That was a trench war of a game. Year after year, Buono has a knack for finding great game-breaking talent to fill out his D-line. I wish we could say the same.

Hey ! We are ahead of last year by 2 points and we got the bulk of our extended trips out of the way :thup:

Ahead of last year? We started the season with three straight wins.

I compare game for game. Last year we lost in BC and Edmonton, won in Saskatchewan. This year we flipped that. So really we are 2 points ahead of last season. Not that the team is better than last, just caught a few breaks and didn't get skrewed by the officials in BC, they tried hard on that obstruction call on the jump ball in the fourth however...

No, we're not. :lol: Sorry, Hfx, but your game-for-game comparison is interesting to track where we win and lose, but at the end of the day, we are 2-1 to start the season, not 3-0, tied for first in the standings instead of in sole possession of first place. :smiley:

Not that the team is better than last, just caught a few breaks and didn't get skrewed by the officials in BC, they tried hard on that obstruction call on the jump ball in the fourth however...
Oh, boy, they tried hard to give us the shaft tonight. Every jersey tug became PI regardless of whether the ball was even catchable (do they even know the rules for PI?).

Cette partie a été celle des défensives et des erreurs. Pas très beau à voir, et il ne manquait pas grand'chose aux Lions pour gagner.

Les Alouettes ont gagné un match où les deux offensives ont été pourries.

Cela montre qu'on ne peut perdre Keron Williams et Bian Chiu sans conséquences.

The Als Defence did a good job in keeping points off the board. Now if only the Als Defence & Offence both play on the same page like last season. Duval has been brutal the last 2 games. Time to bring in some competition (like Medlock), to make him feel like his job isn't always secure.

Last 2 games ??

How about since around the mid point of the season last year.

Players should always have some competition but I am against using such tactics (using a player with no intent to let him win the job). How would you like to be used in such a way if you were Medlock?

Bring someone in but let them compete and may the best man win. There is also Setta who played himself off Hamilton's team after a great rookie season who may be interested. Or the Lionns might be willing to move Sean White for an Olinesman.

On ne peut échanger Duval parce qu'aucun club n'en voudra. S'il faut le remplacer, il faudra le payer à jouer les substituts, pour faire les bottés de dégagement (mais ça jouerait sur le ratio des joueurs) ou à rester chez lui.

Setta est pas tellement mieux que Duval et BC va garder White parce que McAllum ne rajeunit pas et le jeune est fiable.

Hier, Duval a manqué 3 bottés de placement, dont un a fini entre les poteaux par la peau des dents. C'est rendu pathétique, et je crois qu'il ne s'en remettra pas. Ça a commencé le 29 novembre 2009 et ça dégénère depuis. Il devrait prendre quelques mois avec son psy.

D'accord avec toi. Je pensais plus a le couper a la mi-saison si ca continue....

I would rather have Medlock come in and replace Duval very soon. He was 40 for 46 last year (Medlock). I can't see the Als continuing the rest of the season with missed field goal kicks. Even DeAngelis is getting booed off the field in Hamilton. What's going on?

This is or would be a very tough decision for the team for a few reasons.

1-Duval is a 5 year vet. Not sure what the new CBA says about releasing them but there are timelines and SMS implications.

2-Medlock is a lefty. Going to a lefty changes things for Cahoon and special teams.

3- What kind of contract is Medlolck looking for ? Does he want to go back to the NFL or is he interested in a long term deal ?

4- No matter what anyone thinks there are political repercussions real or perceived when the player in question is married to the President's daughter and father to his two grand kids...

5- Is the fact Duval loves playing in Montreal and has never really wavered from that.

I find Damon's situation similar to Tiger Woods( different causes obviously), he's had a traumatic GC and he's so affraid that his poor play is going to cost him his job, its eating him up. This is the second time he fails in a championship game. He also had a really bad bowl game in College.

This is a business. As an import, Duval is well-paid to kick field goals. If he can't get it done, get rid of him and find someone who can. I don't give a crap that he's married to Larry Smith's daughter. He either elevates his level of play and fixes whatever's in his head, or he goes home.

Hfx, Medlock as a lefty does present an issue for the special teams, but honestly, could he be any worse than Duval is right now? I don't think there is any harm in bringing Medlock in to legitimately challenge for the position. Not being vindictive to Duval, just healthy competition.

No argument from me... I was just trying to illustrate why this is a complex decision. Its like cutting your starting QB once the season has started. Cause you can't really bench a kicker. Once you turn the job over its done. IMO.

The lefty thing is a problem if you are going to put both kickers head to head because practice time is very short and it will have a negative impact on both kickers. I think if you bring in a left footed kicker you have to commit to it prior. You can't make it a "competition" smack in the middle of the season.

The season is early enough for changes.

So if your Medlock's agent and you understand this. The first thing your going to ask is up front money to prove that you are really serious. Are the Als in a position to give Medlock 50k up front AND pay Duval for the rest of the season if they decide to cut him ?

It's either that or sit here and watch as our kicker loses us games.

On a night when we couldn't find the end zone, our kicker left five points on the board and almost missed a goddamn 20-yard attempt.

All I want is for Popp to find and bring in someone to push Duval. Realistically, it won't happen this season, but in the offseason? Oh boy.

I didn't understand why there was no other kicker at this year's camp after Duval's play last year, that's still a mystery to me. That was the most surprising thing for me at this year's camp with the exception of Chiu turning his car around.

Kicking right now is the only facet of the game where the Eastern Teams are at a clear disadvantage with their western counterparts and when you consider. All the good young NI kickers are in the western division. Couple good vets too wit Mcallum and Prefontaine.

Two words: Ashley Smith. :roll:

Kicking right now is the only facet of the game where the Eastern Teams are at a clear disadvantage with their western counterparts and when you consider. All the good young NI kickers are in the western division. Couple good vets too wit Mcallum and Prefontaine.
I wonder what Nick Setta is doing these days?