Congrats to Laval. 2011 Vanier Cup Champs.....

I would not be betting the farm against McMaster.

In terms of intangibles - they have a head coach that is plain, and simple a WINNER. He is a born leader, and a football mastermind. He has won the Vanier Cup as a player. He has won the Vanier Cup as an OC. The man was put on this planet to win football games ... he will be on a personal mission to ensure his team is ready to play. You will see few penalties, and zero turnover football by the Marauders. Execution will be premium, and if there are any adjustments to make you can be sure they will be made.

In terms of tangibles - when you have a QB like Kyle Quinlan, game planning becomes a joy. The kid can do it all. He is the real deal.

Combine the genius of Ptaszek, with the skill of Quinlan and you have the makings of a Champion - not unlike Belichek/Brady, Siefert/Montana, Johnson/Aikmen ... not to be too over the top or anything :wink: ...

If Laval is to win this game they are going to have to bring their A+ game, and may even need a cheat sheet !

Here is to a great game !

Ya ya, Laval is better

And Montreal was supposed to walk all over the Ti-cats.... Maybe give other peoples opinion a little more credit, you don't know everything about football....

[quote="cflisthebestWho cares, this is CIS! Laval wins.
[/quote]
who cares, this is cfl forum

The better team doesn't always win, it's the better team that day who wins. GO MAC!

Quebec students do 2 years of CEGEP is true but they do 1 less year of high school. Inform yourself before trying to undermind the success of others. I should note also that Laval usually wins almost all of their regular games against other Quebec teams.

GO MAC
http://oua.ca.ismmedia.com/ISM3/thumbcache/e7c8bfa942e47df62dd3bffebf958a45.300.jpg

no way!?? really?

there’s a big difference here… Laval is just that much ahead of everyone else. why do you think they’re always ranked #1?

because they’re that much better than the rest of the CIS league.

Guess there's no point even playing the game, then. If it's a lock like you say it is, I'm making other plans for Friday night now. No sense watching a game with a predetermined outcome...

well they still have to play it but Laval's football program is better than everyone elses right now. They always come out on top, at least in Vanier's.

Calgary was the second best team in CIS in 2011 but they got hammered.

As a more casual observer, it takes away some of the suspense when you have the same team winning every year (Laval). The fact that they haven't been pumping out great players for the CFL makes you think it's their program in itself which is just better than everyone elses. They obviously have a financial advantage over almost every program in the CIS, I think the only other one that might come close would be the U of S. That shouldn't be the only reason they seem to field great teams every year though.

read this....

this is what I mean

http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/2011/11/22/dixon_on_cis/

…I can’t speak for the rest of the CIS but UofC has pumped out some pretty decent talent in the last couple of years under Coach Nill…we just can’t seem to get past Laval (dammit)…

This is what should happen. There should be a power conference for CIS football. It’s not Laval’s fault they dominate. Instead. the other schools should take some initiative and try to compete with Laval. Laval’s success can only be good for CIS football. If the other schools are unwilling to improve the way they do business, they can keep getting embarrassed by Laval.

I for one, support Laval simply because of their excellence. We need more of it in CIS.

Apparently the word is out that the Laval players all eat hormone enriched poutine and tourtiere to gain that athletic advantage they seem to have to be the dominate force in CIS football. :wink:

Ha ha, you suck… :lol:

'Kay…what??

If I have ever watched a more entertaining football game - I don't remember it.

If I have ever witnessed a finer individual performance than what I saw Quinlan put in - I don't remember it.

Just an absolutely phenomenal game to have witnessed.

I mean who could have predicted that ? Oh wait a minute ... :wink:

Props to the Laval Rouge et Or they showed a lot of heart.

Can we get a mod to rename this thread? Go McMaster!

If anyone is hungry I think cflisthebest is serving up some nice crow for breakfast.