Congrats to Greg Marshall

leads his team to the 100th Yates Cup championship.

everywhere Marshall has coached, he has won....except the blackhole that is the hamilton tiger-cats, where noone can win and careers are ruined, for some reason.

Props to Greg...a good football man who will be back as a CFL coach again one day (my prediction) and whose ability to run successful CIS programs is clear. Best of luck in the run to the Vanier Cup!

Oski Wee Wee,

Well said Russ. Greg Marshall's move to the Tiger-Cats was bad timing. I'm sure he will be back in the CFL some day ..if he wants to.

Bump.

Dinner time Winnipeg Bisons!!!!!!Whats for dinner coach? Oh we have a special dinner tonight! As the 9-0 Bisons take a huge bite out of Greg Marshall and the Mustangs they are reminded to save some of that hunger for Laval!

I just heard that 29 of the Bisons are over 25. It will be men against boys. Congrats to Marshall and Western getting this far. Great coaching job by Marshall!

Bring back Coach Marshall.As Charlies co-hC

He is a great coach and will be heard from again . And im sure hell take great pride in kicking the Ticats ass !!!!

I just heard the horse meat was bad and they had to spit it out! Well did you know that the Bisons running back henry is from toronto?That would be a good reason to win there!

Kudos to Greg Marshall on another successful CIS season. Good luck, Greg in your quest for the Yates Cup.
If you ever return to the CFL, and I hope you do, make Hamilton your team once again. Now that all of the interference and intimidation has gone, I'm sure you'll do well here.

It's tough to win if you don't have the players. That's what happened to Marshall when he coached the Ticats, and that's what happened to Taafe this year, too.

Hopefully, next year, our new GM will stock our team with pro-calibre talent across the board.

Good luck, coach Marshall. I liked your fire at Ivor Wynne. You are a good guy.

Kudos to Greg and the Mustangs. I was at the game (Guelph Alumni) there was around 8,000 people. Way to persevre starting 0 and 4 then to win 3 playoff games on the road.

Also want to give Head Coach Kyle Walters and Assistant Coahc Joe Haggins( former Tiger Cats) who lead Guelph to the Yates Cup final.

Noticed a really weird CIS rule. If you run out a punt or missed field goal and are tackled before the 20 yard line the ball is placed at the 20. It happened twice to Western when Guelph tackled them close to their goalline and made me scratch my head.

re fumlruski wrote---Noticed a really weird CIS rule. If you run out a punt or missed field goal and are tackled before the 20 yard line the ball is placed at the 20. It happened twice to Western when Guelph tackled them close to their goalline and made me scratch my head.

This rule has been in CIS for around 10 years or so, its a very good rule imo, it encourages return teams to return kicks, instead of conceding point,CFL should adopt this rule!

Oh yah Marshall has a great record losing the mitchell and churchill bowls! He will not let you down people!:wink:

I agree 100%. Under this rule there is a potential for some of the "encouraged returns" to be taken to the house. It would only add excitement to the game. (There is nothing exciting about conceding a rouge).

Not sure how some of the "American Rules" oriented GM's would feel about this change however.

Just a look at the CIS playoffs- http://www.universitysport.ca/e/footbal ... fm?id=9762

Clarify with specifics, please.

I'm happy for Greg. I've always liked him and I don't think he was fully to blame for the problems with this team. I wish him continued success. I'm sure he's much happier where he is now.

Back with Sask and win the mug. :roll: :lol:

It was good to see him on the sidelines again, temples throbbing, giving players the death stare, screaming at officials.....

An Argo-Cat fan