Congrats Saskatchewan

What an awesome game. I’m not too disapponted with the outcome, as I was almost expecting a loss here, and revenge next week.

I think Glenn just made a whole lot more believers in him today, and Armstrong…what can we say?! :rockin:

We didn’t run as much as I would have liked, but Roberts still looked pretty good.

Can someone tell me why Pikula did’t go for the single to go up by 3? That cushion would have made the last drive very different.

In the end there can be no doubt that the Bombers are now contenders.

Couldn't have said it better

Bombers are for real. Derrick Armstrong is quickly becoming a star in this league. Right now it's between him and Joe Smith for Offensive Player of the Week.

Im pretty sure he was a star when he was a Rider.

Just so I can disagree with RLR (yet again), KJ will win offensive player of the week.
Joltin' Joe is 3rd out of the candidates mentioned....

I can guarentee you that Joe Smith will finish ahead of KJ this week. He could've broken 200 yards rushing if he didn't have to fly home with 7 minutes left. 275 yards combined on the ground, the award has got to go to the Lions rushing attack.

In fact, with the games so far, I guarentee that POW award goes to either Joe Smith or Armstrong.

Can't guarantee anything yet with 2 games yet to be played :wink:

I will say so far the front runners are Glenn, Armstrong, Smith and Joseph.

If you judge by last week, where Dominguez had 171 receiving yards and was not even a runner up, and Burris was the unanimous selection, they may give it to a quarterback.

Kevin Glenn: 27-36 , 393 yards , 3 TD's , 0 Ints
Rushing: 3 - 12 yards
Kerry Joseph: 20-32 348 yards 2 TD's 0 Ints
Rushing: 9 - 74 yards 1 TD
D Armstrong: 13 receptions 205 yards 2 TD's
Joe Smith: 20 - 161 yards 2 TD's

Lots of good candidates through only 2 games.

Winnipeg showed once again that in this passing league, the most important thing is to be able to run the ball. When an O-line just protects for almost the whole game, even though they have success, they get beat on and you could see the Bombers sag by the end of the third and suddenly Kevin was under pressure the rest of the game.
The Riders didn't have this problem because the Blue weren't coming full on, they were more concerned with keeping Joseph in the pocket.
For the Blue to win they NEED to get Charles the ball so that the O-line can fire out and wear down the other defense. IMO this was the reason we lost, although I think that in this game whoever had the ball last was goinng to win.
Gongrats Green, this truly was a classic slugfest and even though we lost, you were full measure for the win.

This will set up for an intersting game next week. Congrats to the Riders, they didn't show any signs of giving in...they played until the end.

Both quarterbacks but up incredible numbers against good defenses. I suspect there will be some adjustments next weekend.

imagine kevin glenns head on kerry josephs body, that would be one heck of a QB in this league!

....note to my son red 2005....remember when i said at the beginning of the season....mark down the name Derick Armstrong....if you watched the Bomber/Rider game yesterday.....wellll....nuff said.... :wink:

Oh how well I remember those days.
05 telling everyone how strong the Stamp receiving corp would be with the addition of Bo, and how Derick Armstrong couldn't even make the Stamps....

DA certainly took James Johnson to school yesterday...

Yeah man, James Johnson is one of my favorite players, and that had to be his worst game as a Rider, at least that I can remember.

Not that I am the kind of guy who likes to say "I told you so", but I occasionally make an exception for you RLR, just because you are so "special".

Arius

Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Congrats Saskatchewan PostPosted: Sep 03, 2007 - 02:53 AM

RoarLionsRoar wrote: Bombers are for real. Derrick Armstrong is quickly becoming a star in this league. Right now it's between him and Joe Smith for Offensive Player of the Week.
Just so I can disagree with RLR (yet again), KJ will win offensive player of the week. Joltin' Joe is 3rd out of the candidates mentioned....
Offensive Player of the Week

QB – Kerry Joseph – Saskatchewan Roughriders

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 26 @ Saskatchewan Roughriders 31

Highlights / Key Stats:

Saskatchewan Roughriders’ quarterback Kerry Joseph completed 20 of 32 passes for 348 yards and two touchdowns. Joseph also added 74 yards and one touchdown rushing on nine carries. Joseph flew out of the gate with a 42-yard touchdown toss in the first quarter to give the Riders an early lead. Joseph’s 27-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter put the game out of reach, sealing the victory for Saskatchewan.

Runners Up:

WR – Derick Armstrong – Winnipeg Blue Bombers

RB – Joe Smith – BC Lions

Maybe Joe shouldn't have caught that plane....

In my opinion, that Saskatchewan~Winnipeg game was by far the most entertaining game in the league this season. Two teams playing great, leaving it all on the field. Last team that scores wins.

What the heck more could you ask for? And kudos to the Bomber fans for telling it like it is, and being very good sports and accepting the fact that they lost in the end with very good grace.

Just good all round gang, let's keep this up.

Hey Arius, shall I tell RoarLionsRoar that the Players of the week were picked by a judge in Regina that has season tickets?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep.
Just had him put on the payroll just to ensure RLR would be wrong.....

Believe me we don't need to have anybody on the payroll to ensure that RLR is wrong.

He is more than happy to make outlandish comments all by himself.

So what do we get for RLR's "guarantee" not happening?

Hopefully him staying offline for the rest of the week! :stuck_out_tongue:

The CFL edit up this week, not my problem. Joe Smith will get the last laugh with back-to-back Grey Cup rings.