Congrats Prechae - Eastern Finalist

"The Preacher" will be unstoppable next year. :thup:

That’s better than “P-Rod”, but I’m finding the whole forced nickname thing annoying in general. If we must, I vote that we start using the “Less Nessman” pronunciation of his last name. Either that, or start calling him “Peaches”. :twisted:

There have been reports over the years of "collusion" amongst the reporters (e.g. "you vote for our (Western) lineman, we'll vote for your (Eastern) Canadian").

Also on some occasions awards seem to have gone to players who should have got it years before. Being a fan of Garney Henley I won't dispute that he had a great season in 1972, but he had had 12 better years as a DB and part-time WR/flanker/RB. Going on statistics alone one could easily see why the Western nominee in 1972, Mack Herron, should have won MOP that year.

Even the players themselves talked of inconsistencies - one year that Big Ang was Eastern rep for outstanding lineman and lost, he commented that he wouldn't have minded losing the award to XXXX XXXXXX as he had had a great season, but he thought he got robbed when he lost to ZZZ ZZZZZ who he couldn't figure out how he got to be the Western nominee. (I have forgotten the names, but they are on record somewhere.)