Congrats Danny Macoicia

Congratulations Danny for your new position.

We hope you find great success.

FWIW I 'm hopeful that the football opps from last year largely remain intact and that you remain patient in putting your imprint on things. They deserve our respect.

Anyway…good luck and enjoy.

Well here’s one good sign. . . he recognizes what is the main problem on the existing roster, the lack of a dominant D-line:

“When I look at the roster, I think it’s competitive,? Maciocia said. “I’m concerned about the defensive line, but the back end is pretty good."

N’importe qui ayant regardé les parties des Alouettes l’an dernier pouvait arriver à cette conclusion, alors heureusement que le DG est d’accord haha.

Plus sérieusement j’ai assez casser de sucre sur le dos de Maciocia ici et sur RDS. La frustration reste là surtout qu’on aurait pu avoir un candidat de qualité en décembre mais ça ne changera rien. Maciocia est là pour rester et il faut faire avec. La prochaine étape (outre l’embauche d’un assistant-DG) est l’ouverture du marché des joueurs autonomes le 11 février. Nous sommes peut-être l’équipe la moins avancée mais il n’est pas trop tard. Nous ne sommes pas pires que d’autres comme les Lions ou les Eskimos qui sont pour l’instant assez passifs.

Il sera plus important selon moi de préserver les acquis que d’aller chercher d’autres joueurs comme nous avons fait en 2019. Outre la ligne défensive, le jeu au sol s’est sérieusement handicapé. CJ Gable des Eskimos est un potentiel joueur autonome et s’il faut mettre le paquet pour aller chercher un joueur, c’est lui que je choisirais, même si si n’est pas donné (Sunderland serait-il tenté de laisser partir un gros morceau? Si c’est le cas, des équipes ayant eu un jeu au sol pourri en 2019 comme les Stampeders, les Argonauts ou le Rouge et Noir voudraient-elles surpayer pour l’avoir?)

Danny is here, we’ve voiced our disappointment, nothing we can do, so let’s judge him on his work.

And hopefully his decisions are taken with a long range view in mind, rather than quick fixes. In that sense having a long term contract is a good thing.

Just a small correction. “We’ve” have not voiced our disappointment. Some have voiced it.

Can we settle on many … perhaps even most?

We are not some sort of revolutionary group - just5 or 6 fans here voicing displeasure over the choice of their team`s GM. Not sure why our reactions upset you so much.

Do you visit other pro teams forums and see what goes on?

I think its better to ask yourself why my opinion upsets you so much.

Anyway this is off topic to thread.

Nous n’aimions pas Kavis Reed, cela ne nous empêchait pas de soutenir l’équipe et d’espérer qu’elle gagne. Lorsque Maciocia fera des coups jugés bons, nous allons le féliciter comme nous avons féliciter Reed d’avoir signé Henoc Muamba, Patrick Levels ou William Stanback. Lorsque Maciocia fera des coups jugés mauvais, nous allons le condamner comme nous avons condamné Reed pour avoir signé Ernest Jackson ou Johnny Manziel.

Bien dit.

Well they’re always glad to field inquiries, are they not?

???

Again, this is a personal attack towards myself, Discipline and RO1313 and I have reported you to moderators for it.

This is the limitation of the ignore list. The only reason any of us saw your latest trolling attack it is because GHT quoted you in his response.

Here is what we have here:

• Troll creates tread
  • Members don’t visit seeing who initiated it or have no idea what’s in it because said troll is on ignore list.
  • Troll populates his own tread to keep it relevant
  • When no activity, Troll issues personal attacks because no one is interacting with the said troll.

This is where we are at.

Terrific post, Lucas, you hit the nail square on the head.

I agree signing the our free agents is the way to go.Then finding a replacement at RB and helping the D line should be priority.

Agree … not certain I would look at a UFA like Gable as the solution … would prefer to spend UFA money on a DL or two … should be able to find “unknown” RBs capable of doing the job

JTea had posted the team was talking to FA RB James Wilder.

He has looked very good at times with the Argos, poor at other times. 2 extremes. Also injury prone. But intriguing nevertheless because of some of the big plays he’s made.

Wilder Jr ne m’intéresse pas. Outre ses performances décevantes en 2018 et en 2019, sa «négociation» avec Popp qui lui a valu un contrat lucratif ne m’a pas impressionné. Il y a d’autres demi-offensifs plus intéressants que lui.

Et merci à Tony et Madjack pour leurs retours concernant mon avis sur Maciocia.

More so, he will want more than I want them to use at that position right now.

IMHO, Wilder is similar in a bad way to Duron Carter,
A me first guy, If things are going well he is good, if things go sour he is a huge problem.
The guy has attitude, bad for the room
You guys have been there done that!

Again as GHT120 said no need to spend big on a RB to make a splash use the cap room to fill our weak areas and build from there.